Why men cheat? Are they born cheaters naturally?

My boyfriend once cheated on me. He did ask for another chance, and I gave him that as I saw sincerity in his eyes. I really don't know why guys are not contented with just one partner. What's the use of saying I LOVE YOU when your partner keeps on lying on you?

Most men are only after to sex..

314

Most Helpful Guy

• ...so you want the answer do you...

With chemistry-inspired flirting, lust, and love all continuously active below our level of consciousness, can we maintain attraction to one partner? Attraction has many stages, beginning with a single biochemical jolt resulting in a change reaction. Anecdotal reports indicate the ‘first kiss’ is highly memorable in the attraction that builds. The abundant testosterone in saliva increases the sex drive.

Even more sex appeal chemistry influences occur through the dopamine triggered in our brains. Dopamine is the brain’s pleasure chemical that produces a high that can be addictive, energy producing, and exhilarating. Biochemistry shows the link between dopamine and testosterone with exhilaration and lust. But dopamine is not uniquely linked to sex appeal. The thrill of sports, bungee jumping for instance, can produce a dopamine rush. What about love?.

According to Science of Sex Appeal, chemistry brings us together and drives us apart. We are biologically programmed to mate for life and most religions and cultures urge us to do so. Still, there are two primary paths of choice — stay together or have an unrestricted strategy and remain noncommittal. Newer research shows that women also seek sexual variety similarly to how we have stereotyped men as wanting to play the field.

The science on sexual attraction claims that evolution prepares us to stay together just long enough to raise children. One study across 58 societies demonstrated a dual reproductive system going from pair bonding to straying at about the four-year mark in a relationship. The study conclusion: we are fundamentally built to stray. Does this mean that our exhilarating experience of early love is destined to be undermined by our inherent biology? Will we always fail at long-term love?

Science claims that the chemistry of passion, lust, and love bind us together for a limited period of time. Haven't most of us figured that out at a personal level? My observation is we already know we need to build for the future before the reality storm hits. Yet many of us neglect our marriages and relationships anyway. Over focus on careers or children, and overindulging in our selfish habits through individual use of time frequently lead to rampant neglect of our partners. Science help us?

Science of Sex Appeal suggests that our spirituality, life memories, and our children can become the building bricks for lifetime commitment. But those commitments can remain shaky or shallow alliances without the intense love mortar. In this documentary, it is proposed that if you want to love longer than 10 years, you must build a mental chemistry of love.

Shortened version from link (about the show Science of Sex Appeal)

What Guys Said 13

• OMG ONE MAN CHEATED ON ME WHY ARE ALL MEN CHEATERS!

Women are just as shady and cheat just as often as men do.

• Yes women do cheat, but you men are more prone to temptation.

• Words are too harsh.. hmmm

• The media portrays men as "the cheating sex", but the actual percentages are similar.

• it's pretty arrogant to generalize a whole group of people because of what happened to YOU, maybe you were just a ballbusting bitch or maybe your pick of men was not that great, I know plenty of guys that would not cheat on you but I doubt you would give them a first chance let alone a second chance

• Watch your words.. maybe you are one of those men who often times commit infidelity.

• Oh?! really? are you sure you did not do such mistake ever since?! come on!!!!!!!!!! you are kidding me..

• Wow, what a retard, I already said I never cheated

• Men are genetically programmed to spread their seed. This doesn't men that all men cheat. But strip a man of his morals and he will find the most practical and easiest way to have sex. That's how we are.

Is this an excuse? Absolutely not. But an answer as to why most men cheat. What can counter their desire to do this? Morals, upbringing, extended family members, intimacy and closeness with ones partner.

• I just couldn't imagine why most of you keep on saying the word ILOVEYOU when in fact you are doing things that can wreck your relationship.

• Well I have never cheated, but the old phrase, "Actions speak louder than words" is ever true here. I really do think the most important reason some men don't cheat is cause of their upbringing. To throw out traditional views and morals and bring in ideology is to allow radical ways of manipulated logic.

• Men are polygamous by nature. They are genetically prone to spreading their seed. Monogamy is a culturally developed trait to help ensure the stability of a family. Yes, a lot of guys cheat. That being said, a lot of guys also do not cheat.

Women are hypergamous by nature. They look for a man to make/raise their children, and by nature will trade up given the opportunity to find a genetically/financially successful man. In today's society, financial success and genetics aren't really related (stronger doesn't mean better provider), so lots of women stick with a financially successful guy while cheating on him with the physically superior guy. Monogamy is developed to ensure that she can confirm the father will be willing to raise a child because he knows it is his own, and to ensure that she has a stable provider. Yes, women cheat. A lot of them don't.

If you think this is a gender issue, you're horribly mistaken.

• I should say that women do cheat, but men mostly cheat than us..

• The numbers are about the same. Women are just better at hiding it.

• ok I agree most men are only after sex but why would women be with them. there are just as at fault why would I want to be with a women that has been with a guy like that

• men cheat when their wives/girlfriends don't fulfill their sexual AND emotional needs.

if a woman has sex with her boyfriend, but she also nags, complains, whines, demands or is an emotionally abusive pain, the man will eventually dump her or cheat.

but because women think they are always gentle, loving and considerate, they usually don't want to admit that they hurt his feelings and treated him like crap. it's easier to say "men are born cheaters" than to say "I was an abusive, erratic b!tch."

• women cheat just as much

• Oh sure..

• They do. statistically anyways it points to that. surely you can't know every single man & every single woman just because you had a bad experience doesn't make all men liars.

It is not a gender issue,. Even if one is programmed to have sex with different people, you are not programmed to lie- cheaters are just people who are too cowardly to be honest. Either because they want to hold on to the g f or b f while they stray, or because they lack accountability. either way women &men BOTH cheat. Arrow up:)

• Well you gave him a second chance. So they don't feel so bad so they end up keep cheating. Women need to stop being so stupid an stop giving second chances. As for why they cheat from there very beginning I have no idea. They're just idiotic guys.

• Wow so many typos. I must be tired.

• I'm saying girls give second chances too often which is just enabling them to cheat again because it takes away most of the regret they have. As for you're update that's not me at all. I'm actually like 100% the opposite. I want a straight up relationship. If my Girlfriend wants sex she'll have a hard time getting me naked. lol

• For guys cheating from there very first relationship though I don't know why that happens. Some guys are just stupid.

• I would bet that women cheat just as much as men do but they are better at getting away with it.

• There are only two types of cheaters. Insecure and player.

• i never cheat or have never thought about cheating, I say if you wanna be with someone new break up with the person your with

• Once a cheater, always a cheater. You should not have taken him back. Not all men cheat though.

• Women are more methodical and cheat just as much as guys but get caught less often.

• Yeah right, but you guys oftentimes commit infidelity..

• As women become more financially independent, women are starting to act more like men with respect to infidelity. And the statistics may show that infidelity is higher in men because they are more likely to get caught, thus proving my point.

Here is a tidbit of info for you. I have had numerous girlfriends over the years and I have never cheated on any of them.

Hmm, it is very likely that you do not satisfy all of his needs. Self-reflection would be the best advice.

What Girls Said 3

• some men cheat because they are given the opportunity but most men do it because they aren't being fulfilled emotionally in their relationships. That is surprisingly the most common reason. If a man doesn't feel appreciated, cared for, loved, etc. then he will go find someone who will give him those things. At first it may start off as an innocent friendship but when or if he starts feeling like he is being emotionally fulfilled by the other woman then it can turn into a sexual relationship.

But that's not to say that it is always entirely the woman's fault. Men that are in situations like that should try to learn to have self control. It's not an easy thing for a man to do but if he loves his gf/wife then he should be willingly to put in the effort.

• Both genders should have the self control.

• Of course they should but your question was why MEN cheat so my answer was directed toward them.

• Born cheaters naturally? I'd say everyone is regardless of gender. Temptations something everyone has to learn to control.

• In my 20 years of existence, I have tested and proven that man cheat their partners when they are given chances. If man denies that they are not cheaters then why does the phase " Men are polygamous by nature" exist?

• Yeah that's it.. men are polygamous in nature, that is why they are more prone to commit infidelity.

• A guy or woman can want lots of sex. They can have lots of sex. It doesn't mean they have to LIE about it. Polygamy is not about lying, its about sex. CHEATING is not about polygamy, its about being coward. Women and Men are both guilty of this.

QA I think it sounds like you more interested in the hypocritical nature of cheaters behavior. Not about attacking guys for something women do too. (Because) When its shown that women do it just as much- how will your q directed at guys, make sense?