Physical response to cheating partner?

My girlfriend cheated on me, can I slap her face?

This isn't the real question. I'm attempting to get people to think a little.

There's a question I just answered called "Is it wrong to?;)" Which is by a girl asking if it's OK to put poison ivy in her cheating partners underwear.

link

A lot of the responses, both male and female (virtually all the female) laugh, say it's a great idea and she should do it.

------------------

This brings me to the real question. Why is it OK for, even humourous, for a female to cause physical pain to a male because he cheated, but chauvinistic for a male to cause physical pain to the female?

Can't people just learn that hitting, slapping, or poisoning, is wrong?

134

Most Helpful Girl

• I was just thinking the same thing.

There was another question about a girl asking how bad it was that she slapped her boyfriend during an argument. And people seemed to think it was wrong, buy no big deal.

link

Violence or any other means of physical pain is never okay between partners.

If someone ever hit, slapped or did anything on purpose to hurt me, it would not be something I could forgive. And that goes the other way as well.

If you feel like you have to do something, do something harmless, like glue sparkles on all of his clothes.

• I gave you best answer despite disagreeing with the last bit. I'd avoid doing anything, even harmless. Because it could come back to bit if it becomes a legal issue.

"Yes your honor I am suing for damages in replacement cost of all my clothes, valued at $4600."

What Girls Said 12

• Yes, all of the above is wrong. NO slapping/hitting/poisoning.. I"m hoping you are kidding.. When you have discovered a person has cheated -- YOU LEAVE THEM.. I believe in Karma.. What goesa round, comes around.. Why lower yourself to their standards ( none) in order to get even? You can't.. They are what they are. NO character. You can't change them. You can only be wiser the next time and avoid those players. Revenge only hurts you by giving them YOUR power to see that you still care.. DO YOU? If you DID NOT CARE - you would walk the other way and ignore them forever. THAT is what they deserve. Do you know the opposite of love? It os not HATE.. It's APATHY.. Apathy means you don't give a crap. That they are NOT worth your time and aggravation. Cut your losses - move on - and leave them in the dust. They will cheat again... and continue to lie /deceive.. until THEY get caught by the wrong person. Life is short. Enjoy it. Don't waste your time on losers. If you do -- they LOVE the attention you are giving them. Don't do it. Hugz.

• Louise123.

You can relax I my girlfriend hasn't cheated on me and I would slap her anyway. I am merely pointing out how strange this double standard is, especially in reference to the linked question.

• *is laughing and shaking her head* Louise needs to take a chill pill and learn what typos are.

Question Asker, re-read what you typed my dear. "You can relax I my girlfriend hasn't cheated on me and I WOULD slap her anyway. "

That's why little louie's head there is spinning around a couple times.

• Oh dear, apologies @ Louise123 and thanks to Chesire.

That was indeed a typo, and obviously a rather bad one.

The correct response was "My girlfriend has never cheated on me and I WOULDN'T slap her anyway."

Amazing what the lack of "n't" can do to a message. "No sir mr Putin, we haven't launched the nukes".... cough.

• Hey! No double standard here, if you are putting posion ivy in his underwear for cheating, I would see no problem for a girl getting the same treatment in her pants. Think of the looks in the locker room with your penis and testicles covered with Calamine lotion! LOL

• I'm not arguing I want to put poison ivy in girls panties. I'm arguing that people seem to be rather nonchalant to physical pain inflicted upon people.

• Its a mental response to being cheated on it doesn't mean it should be acted out as revenge I have been cheated on and I felt like doing all sorts of things to my cheating exs but I never acted on it because I don't belive in an eye for an eye I belive the best thing to do is to tell the person off for cheating and leave and take a brake from dating and then move on with life and find

some one else not go lorena bobit on a guy the guy or girl is not worth it if you get cheated on by your partner they never loved you cheating is not love

• Violence in any form is always wrong. It may be hard to avoid sometimes if you have to defend yourself, but cheating does not justify it. Some people creep me out when they start talking about what they would do if their significant other cheated or left them. It's not just females though... haven't you heard of all these horror stories of men killing their family or their wife/girlfiend because such and such happened?

• Of course, and my view is just that, ALL VIOLENCE IS WRONG. The problem I have, is that the question I linked had a female being flippant to inflicting physical pain (in the form of stinging needles) to her ex partner.

If it was just her, I could understand it. She was emotionally annoyed. What angered me was that most of the responses from the guys and girls agreed with her! What kind of a weird world is it when people condone physical abuse from anyone in revenge?

• When I'm hit, I hit back. When I hurt emotionnally, I want the person who hurt me to suffer as well. I will share my anger with my friends and they will agree with me. I wouldn't do it for real though. Of course, we never imagine some kind of torture, but some people are more perverted. Maybe it's human nature? It's scary and weird, I think, but there used to be crowds gathering to see executions... I laugh my butt off when someone slips and falls. I feel bad but still laugh. Can't help it.

• I feel the best thing a person can do is leave that person alone,because I believe in karma,what goes around comes around!

• I don't think people should physically, or emotionally, hurt someone as a response to cheating.

• Why do guys think it is OK to cheat?

• I think you missed the point entirely. It wasn't about cheating, it's about people causing physical pain to a person that does.

• Probably for the same reasons chicks think it's OK to cheat.

• No one should cause pain but others may think you have emotionally pained her so you deserve pain...I don't think that's right. I she cheated on you, you want to slap her...then why did you cheat?

• The best response is to leave at once. Not even with saying "bye".

• I think stooping to physically hurting them (male or female) just shows weakness. You can't think of a better way to show them the error of their ways...

However it's kind of a funny scenario, for me because of how much importance men place on their penises. That one small organ that has caused women centuries of repression that we can take so much revenge on.

Just the idea is funny, not funny IRL.

• I think people deal with hurt feelings and the first thought is to try and do something to hurt them. The best revenge is to move on with your life and not give the person who cheated on you a second thought.

You bring up a great point. Not only is it wrong but if you go overboard you can wind up in a heap of legal trouble and that will just cause more problems.

• man please I guess I'm in the minority here because if your girl cheats on you I think its OK for you to slap her, she deserved it. you shouldn't chris brown her but a little slap isn't that bad.

yeah hitting is wrong but you have to understand when you're in the heat of the moment and very passionate about something, sh*t happens. you can't just play with people's emotions, humilate them and put them at risk for STDs and expect nothings gonna happen to you. that goes for men and women. its just that men are obviously physically stronger than women so a man can't obviously whoop a woman's ass for cheating but he can slap her. its seen as more acceptable for a woman to cause physical pain to a man because she is not as strong as him and a woman hitting a man wouldn't do much damage anyway. its like a child hitting a grown person, yeah you'll feel it , but are you really gonna need a trip to the hospital? no.

• So a slap, in your opinion, is OK. But, what then about a slap with an implement. Can I hit her over the hand with a wooden spoon? Can I smack her backside. Can I take of my belt and hit her with that? These are all things done to children to discipline them, so if it's OK for kids....?

Personally, my approach to domestic violence across the board is "it's not right" (that includes all of the above to children too).

What Guys Said 4

• I still have scars from my ex... all I can say is that I didn't take her bs. If she decided to become violent, then I found non painful ways to subdue her. Lesson learned, though, don't get between a drunk girl and her booze.

• do it!

• My ex used to slap me, she even kicked me once too during an argument. But what can I do about it? Nothing. She came at me so hard with her little fists of fury once, and I pushed ever over a bench to get her away from me. My face was cut, glasses were broken. What was I supposed to do? Let her pound on me? Men should never hit women, but psycho women need to be restrained (wait, did I say psycho women? I mean all women). Best revenge for a cheating partner is to leave them, move on and have a happy healthy life and relationship.

• No if a girl cheats. She deserves a slap (Or punch) in the face.

>IF YOU WANT TO SLEEP WITH OTHER PEOPLE BREAK UP WITH YOUR PARTNER FIRST<

• Umm no that would be illegal- you are the reason why there has to be a law against physical violence.

Stop being a moron.

• If people don't cheat there isn't a need for violence. So it's not a problem.

Or are you a cheating whore