Boyfriend cheater/ girlfriend cheater?

why is it if a guy cheats it was like not a big deal. the girl can forgive him and will say just don't do it again. but if the girl cheats on her boyfriend, it will turn out that she's the meanest, bad chick, in the whole world.

and guys can hardly forgive if a girl cheated on them.but in girls case most of us easily forgive and forget (specially when guys do efforts do sweet things, etc) what happen and move forward. isn't it unfair?

i don't promote cheating here just wanna know your opinion. I have seen issues like this before specially on my best friend. just wanna know girl/guys opinions.

66

Most Helpful Girl

• why is it that men can sleep with dozens of women and get praised for it, while women get looked down upon and called nasty names?

• She asked question, and you seleted it best answer lol.

• Haha. ill choose whatever I want to choose as the best answer men.

• Because women can be praised for chastity while men are treated as less manly for not having sex.

What Guys Said 6

• To me it just seems to be your view. I see a ton of girls dump their boyfriends on the spot if they ever cheated. However, if there are kids involved or its small town, then the girl usually settles and forgives. I hate that. Nothing worse than seeing that.

But when girls cheat, wow that's really something. A guy can cheat and leave money on the counter and walk away. But most women cheat with emotion. But that's my view. I haven't seen too much of, "Oh she's a bitch for cheating on him".

• Its just my point of view because this is what I see here in our country and I see it on my best friends case.

• Blame the fkin media! I've seen this happen in movies. In real life however, I've seen girls ditching their guys because the guy cheated on them. And a guy who cheated, isn't considered a hero, but is considered to not be a boy friend material. But if what I said was wrong for the large part, then I guess that it's girls nature of blind forgiveness that many guys take advantage of. By the way, some girls go out with guys, even though they know that the guy has a gf.

• you tell me why do women put up with it

• Because I'm not gullible...

• This questions is a double standard.

• It's man nature, if he committed with someone, he would not allowed his girl to make guy friends, no allowed to talk with guys, because man consider his girl his own property. On the other hands, he will flirt with other girls, there is no restriction for him, because he is man

What Girls Said 5

• I think it's down to the person irrelevant of their gender. For example I can forgive quite a lot of things but cheating isn't one of them. As soon as my man goes off with another woman then that is it, for me there's no going back. I just think personally once he's cheated it would be near impossible for me to trust him again so I wouldn't just forgive and forget.

xoxox

• Good answer...ur's the best answer in all those.:)

• I don't exactly agree entirely with what you're saying, but it does seem like girls who cheat or flirt around too much are considered such hoe bags. Whereas if a guy acts that way, he gets like, high-fives from his friends.

• Don't assume movies are always correct about male behavior..

• The majority of my friends are guys... I know how they all think and act.

Of course I also understand that these are just generalizations and not EVERYONE acts the same way.

• Maybe you don't know girls without enough balls to dump someone who doesn't give a sh*t about them. Every situation varies from person to person, regardless of anything, like gender.

• Men and women see cheating differently. Women look at it emotionally whereas men look at it physically.

If a woman is cheated on it hurts her dignity. One of the very first questions she'll ask is "did you love her?" if the answer is no and that it meant nothing to him then she might take him back.

If a man is cheated on it hurts his manhood. He won't think about whether she loved that other man or not. just the fact the she did anything physical with him would be enough for him to end things.

of course this is all a generalization. Every man and woman is different. Personally, I couldn't care less if you loved her or not. You do anything I consider cheating then you're out of my life.

• b/c guys have higher standards on what they will and won't accept. a lotta girls are really soft and too passive. its like they will do anything to have a man in their life and they don't want to set standards on to be respected. I have to give it to the guys because a lotta us girls could learn some things from them about how they date. sometimes girls can just be stupid

not ALL girls act like this, and I have known some simp ass guys that stay with girls that cheated, but the stereotype is there for a reason