I replied to my ex and everyone says I sound desperate? DO O?

I have been broken up with my ex for a month now. He stopped talking to me and wouldn't return my phone calls or texts. I broke it off and he seemed OK with it. About a week later after the break up I sent him a final good bye text. He replied a week later saying That he's not dating anyone because he has no time and even if he wanted to it was entirely too soon and he hoped we could still be cool with each other. I replied a couple days later saying "Of course we're still cool. It's all good its not the end of the world :) " I told my male friends and they all say I look desperate and trying to hard to not show I care. Do you guys really think so? I think I handled it very well considering that he left the dirty breaking up part to me. He wanted to break up but said he couldn't deal with the guilt. So he stopped talking to me hoping I would have some self respect and pride and realize that he didn't want me.So what do you guys think?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like the two of you are massive drama queens. So I guess maybe "desperate" is a poor choice of words... no, you don't sound desperate, but it does sound like the situation is immature and silly.

• Yea sure thanks for that.

What Guys Said 2

• I don't see the problem except that he's a p**** and a d***head.

• No you don't sound desperate but who really cares. Your exes and the past is the past.

What Girls Said 3

• You two are still playing games who is more ' ' who.

He still has a thing for you and so do you, so why these childish games?

and no you don't sound desperate and don't go around telling people what happens between you and him.

• i hitnk you handled it well, but they are right. Don't say anything else or reach out...now is the time to heal yourself and let him heal...all in all it seems you are doing alright.

• I don't know I don't think he really wants to be friends, sorry.