Should I let him push me around like that?

I'm sixteen and have a major attitude problem. Sometimes I go a little too far. Me and my dad were arguing and I'm one of those people who can't stand to be intimidated so I don't even blink when he threatens me

Today during supper we were arguing and he got p*ssed at me grabbed my arm and pulled me down the stairs he then through me outside onto the deck and against the wall

All I could think of was how awful it would be if the neighbors saw

He said not so tough now are you

and I (seriously I can't stand being threatened) said I'm not scared of you, though I was crying

Then he said I could make you scared

And I said, you're embarrassing me and then he pulled me through the house and threw me out the front door

and now he says I have to fix my attitude or leave and I have no where to go

but I'm also too proud to apologize and I don't think I'm 100% wrong either

help me please

11

What Guys Said 1

• To me, nothing you wrote is indicative of an attitude problem. In fact, I'd say good for standing up for yourself and keeping your ground. Too many people are push-overs nowadays.

No, you shouldn't let him push you around like that. Ever. This dude sounds pretty f***ed up to me. He's the one with the attitude problem, and it's definitely in no way fair that he can push you around physically, make you feel bad mentally, and then say you're in the wrong and that you need to fix it or leave. That's a total abuse of his self-appointed authority.

I wouldn't apologize. If anything, he deserves a bigger scene to draw attention to his douchebaggery.

Unfortunately, there isn't a lot that can be done over a text based website. Hopefully you can take solace in the definite fact that you're not the problem and that he's major d***, though.

Lastly, if he keeps this kind of thing up, then you have to find a way to stop it. A parent hurting their kid is something that just shouldn't happen, and should be stomped out before it gets worse. If there's another similar incident, then you pretty much have to tell someone who can do something about it.

What Girls Said 1

• girl, he sounds a lot like my dad.. the only thing you can do is get imancipated or hold your tounge.. and hun he is your dad you should respect him a little more if I even gave my dad a dirty look he'd kick my ass, but me and my dad have a great relationship now