Is there such a thing as an easy break-up?

I broke up with my boyfriend yesterday and I feel awful. I still care about him so much but we were never really a good couple and we both knew we had to break up one day. But I had imagined the break up being friendly and he would be understanding.

He even said we should break up at the end of summer but I said lets see how it goes once we're back in uni, and now we're back I can see things will just go down hill. And I wanted to calmly explain all my reasons to him face-to-face but h made me do it through text, before he got angry and sent rude texts. And I understand he's upset, and I'm upset to, but I was hoping it would go so much better.

Is there such a thing as a good break-up?

11

What Guys Said 1

• Well I don't think that there could ever be a perfect break up. Some one is always going to feel either guilty, awful, or hurt. The break up can be civil. Ex may end on a good note, talk every now and then on. But everything is not going to be all good right after the break up. its going to take sometime. He's going to come back and apologize.

What Girls Said 1

• all breakups are difficult...and through a text is probably the worst. give him some time. I'll think he'll come back and apologize too.