Anyone else facing the Pain of a never-met breakup before you could even meet the woman you loved the most?

I had a 4 year never-met relationship ( we tried meeting many times but couldn't due to various reasons) with the most wonderful woman. For those unfamiliar with these, we were in the same school but connected online when she moved away. one thing led to the other and we were together with the help of phone, Skype, texts. It was my first serious relationship and we parted ways on a bitter note before we could ever meet. The reason was growing insecurities and distance. It's been a year and I think of her all day all the time even though we haven't talked ever since. People around me fail to understand as a never-met relationship isn't a relationship at all acc to most of them. Is this normal? anyone else facing the same pain? Any other guy feeling the same way might just be some help to me.
2
3