I broke up with a guy by text? I now know that's kinda tacky?

I met this guy back in June-July 2017 and met for coffee and movies a few times! Then we went silent because I had my guard up but he always kept in touch with me! Then around November I texted him asking if he wanted to meet up (basically I asked for a date) he came to my city and we went for food (he was my guest) he started seeing each other every 2-3 weeks then in early January he had to fly to Dubai due to his dad'a heart conditions! We didn't talk or meet for over a month after that then last Friday he came to see me and this past Friday I went to Birmingham to see him (he lives there and I'm in Peterborough) Before this I was also in Birmingham to see him and booked hotel for Saturday before Christmas eve then went back home on Saturday evening! Although there was over an hour left for my train to leave he dumped me at the train station and headed to a pre-arranged party (as he said) he did the same thing yesterday evening and left me at the train station almost 1.5 before my train departure! We were intimate yesterday and wen he did that for the second time I get disrespected and felt like he just wanted to get rid of me and leave! Also the whole day he looked unhappy and kinda pissed off I asked him a few times if he was okay and he said he couldn't sleep the night before and because it was past his sleeping time (he says he sleep around 9pm) and I mentioned that has happened on both times I went to see him and asked if I am the reason or if I stress him out and I didn't get a clear respond! So yesterday evening after he left me at the train station I broke up with him by text (tacky I know) I felt disrespected and was kinda upset I wished him well and said I hope he'll find someone who makes him happy and I said I don't think it will go anywhere! On Friday night I kinda tried to talk to him and asked "so what's this whole thing? What are we doing?" And I realised he wasn't ready to fully commit to me from his answers!
4
0