Advice I need help?

I need advice I want to get a divorce but she would get custody and I'd never see my son again I need advice

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I would talk to a lawyer to see what the custody situation would be but if you 100% won't you do what you think is right for you. What would make you happier. Sometimes we have to sacrifice things in life and i mean how old is your son? Cause at some age they are allowed to make a choice themselves who they see.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Why she would get custody? Is there a reason for it?

0|0
    0|0
    • I've been diagnosed with ptsd that causes mental instability

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• Are you seeing a psychiatrist or therapist for your PTSD? Are you taking medication regularly to control it? If yes, she doesn't have a leg to stand on. Are you a veteran? Contact the VA. They can get you legal help. A lot of counties have legal aid, and even consider reaching out to a university. I live by Notre Dame and their legal students do free legal work for neighboring residents.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just because you have PTSD doesn't mean you won't see your son. Do you know how many abusers get to see their children. Depending on your circumstances, it may be supervised visitation to possibly shared custody. Many Communities have a Father's Right Group look into that.

0|0
    0|0
  • If she really care and still have a little bit of care about you and your son she have to share the custody with you,,, just try to talk to her not with a loud voice or scream just look at her eyes and tell her she definitely gonna understand,, I hope

0|0
    0|0
  • Find anything you can that would reject her from getting custody. If you feel like you need to get a divorce, get one. You shouldn’t be with someone that you don’t want to be with..

0|0
    0|0
  • Why do you say she would get custody?

0|0
    0|0
    • I have been diagnosed with ptsd causing mental instability

• Show All
    • She changed she used to be sweet and caring and took care of me emotionally and sexually and I did my best to do the same but now she's rude and uncaring and does nothing all day at home when I work from 6 in the morning till 4 in the afternoon just isn't the same person I married

• Have you tried talking about it?

• Work on yourself and your situation first.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• Stay married for sale of your child mental stability stop being selfish and thinking it will only hurt her. Your child needs a father around until at least she/he is 15.

0|0
    0|1
  • Might want to talk to a lawyer, you likely need more specific advice than what G@G can offer.

Sorry you're in that situation, bro.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes