Should I stay or should I go?

I confronted my boyfriend about messages on his phone and finally about a week later he finally came clean and told me he was answering personal ads online. He claims he always stopped before meeting up with any female. And he answered the ad "with no intention to follow through." He also couldn't give me a reason why he was doing it either. Today is our 3 year anniversary. I'm not to sure if I should believe him or run as fast as I can.. HELP?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you should leave him. I'm not sure what you mean by personal ads to be honest. But if you don't trust him anymore which nobody would then it's going to end badly. Also 3 years without saying I love you? I've never heard of a couple being in a relationship for that long and not saying I love you.

0|0
    0|0
    • Personal ads on craigslist.. ads basically looking for sex

• Show All
    • Ah that's the crappy part. My logical side says run while emotions tell me he IS the best I can get

• It will feel like that, everyone is scared they won't do better after a break up. But anything is better than having to live worried if he is meeting another woman every time he goes out. I'd rather be alone than with someone like that

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• You could think you're in love... But he certainly isn't.

I would drift away from him. If he comes after you genuinely, repetitively, talk about it first, set the record straight, and if he agrees, give him a chance.

If he doesn't, it's obvious isn't it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd go my own way, personally. He'd have violated my trust in him, not just cheated (as far as I'm concerned). Moreover, it would likely have hurt my ability to trust future partners. I'd feel obliged to warn them at the beginning of relationship. Depending on the integrity of your trust, he might have handed you a load of emotional baggage that you now have the task of fighting off. Not good. Barely forgivable -- but that's my take, based on your description.

0|0
    0|0
    • You summed it up better than I ever could

• Show All
    • Aye. It can save you from your pain, too, in the end. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and all that.

• At least he admitted it to you. If you care and love him stay. If you feel he is cheating badly leave if you can.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes but he lied to me for a week and it took me taking photos of things so he couldn't delete it.. the final straw was when he got a text from one of the girls. He kinda had to. He also has never said he loves me in the entire 3 years together

• Show All
    • Somehow I feel guilty in all this lol like why wasn't I good enough

• You shouldn't feel guilty. Your young and cute. I bet other guy's would date you. You have to decide if this guy is worth investing anymore of your valuable time? That is always the hard decision to make.

• Some times guys so stupid shit. Don't throw everything out over few ads a dude thought to do something. He didn't cheat. He wanted. The devil was in his mind. But his heart is clean and he stopped him self. That's credit on my view.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well if you stay there will be trouble,
    and if you go there will be double. But darling you have to let him knoow,
    shoud you stay or shoud you go 🎵🎶

0|0
    0|0
  • It could be he was seeking the thrill of possiblity. Either way it is a Red flag. It should be discussed and if you don't feel it can be overcome, part ways.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ask him if he's loooking for some type of fantastie and if you have no intrest in it at all i would say leave

0|0
    0|0
  • So you got to let me know, should I stay or should I go!

0|0
    0|0
  • stay. U liked him the last 3 years when he cheated on u, so no reason to change that now.

0|0
    0|1
    • 'Cheated' being the keyword implying that he lied and concealed that information until she found out, coincidentally. She'd have thought about the system differently if she were immediately aware. The reason to change that now is the logic to which you seem oblivious.

• I think something is missing from the relationship

0|0
    0|1
    • Trust being the main thing at the moment

• I say do your best to fix that but also bring something new and exciting into the relationship. Either he'll be more than happy of your efforts or he'll take you for granted. I can't say for sure because I don't know details. In my case girls try to make efforts and I see them, point it out and go along while trying too... but they just get back to being casual and that doesn't really help.

• That sounds fishy to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Run girl RUN

0|0
    0|0
  • Dump.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go smash

0|0
    0|0