How to forgive after being cheated on?

He is my ex now. But, 4 weeks ago i found out my boyfriend of 1.5 years was cheating on me by sexting another girl, and he was sending flirty messages to other girls online :/ i found out, and am badly hurt. My ex agreed to meet with me for me to get my closure and answers. However, it took him 3 weeks and blocking me for 2 of those to offer to meet with me. When we met, i was angry and yelled at him. But, i appreciated him coming to me and explaining things to me. There are still some parts i feel he doesn’t think are as wrong, I’m sure he thinks they’re wrong but he won’t admit to it (i. e., messaging other girls complimenting them and subtly flirting). I am still so angry about this. After we met, i told him “i see things differently and understand you’re side better. In time, i will come to forgive you. Thank you”. However, i go between being accepting and understanding, to angry and resentful. And i sent him a few texts about how i don’t understand why he’d send messages to girls, how i am still hurt etc. that was my mistake to begin with, and he blocked my number eventually. But not my social media. I have not reached out to him. I’ve realized i need to deal with this anger on my own, because getting mad at him and reaching out won’t solve anything. I’ve realized i don’t really forgive him and i don’t 100% understand his actions for cheating. How can i learn to forgive and move on with my life? I won’t reach out to him again, even though i easily could. I’ve already lowered myself a lot.
How to forgive after being cheated on?
Add Opinion