Guys, My ex broke up with me because of circumstances and is now trying his best to avoid me. What should I do? Do I ignore him too?

Okay so the break up wasn't really his decision rather he was forced to break up with me. At first he still wanted to be with me but in a week he completely changed and it felt as if he just lost all his feelings toward me within that one week. He broke up with me over our winter break. We are now back to living in the same building and I was so surprised to see that he is going out of his way to avoid me. The first few days he would try his best not to make eye contact or see me. Now we sometimes make eye contact but he wouldn't acknowledge it. Honestly I don't know why he is ignoring me when he was the one who hurt me.
3