Does a ring on the left ring finger mean she is engaged?

I am confused because she seems to like me. The ring itself does not look like a large diamond ring. The band is thin and the stone, if there was one, was not facing outward. She is very friendly with me and remembered our conversation from a week ago, during that conversation I made her blush. So is do you think she engaged or do women wear rings on their ringers for other reasons?

40

Most Helpful Girl

• Well there's also the possibility it's a promise ring, (which means she's neither engaged nor married, but instead abstinent from sexual activity until marriage. The idea is that the ring will later be replaced by a wedding ring, which is why it's worn on the left hand's ring finger) I know plenty of girls both in their teens and in their early-mid twenties with these rings. Since you say it's just a simple band without a stone (assuming), I'd say it was one of these promise rings. There's no harm in asking, though.

What Girls Said 3

• Doesn't have to mean that.

• Awe, an orange ram

• Ask her. If you don't wanna flat out ask, just ask something more casual like how long she's been married. I think a band is more likely to be a wedding ring than an engagement ring.

What Guys Said 0