How do you tell someone you like them?

I have never actually come out and told a guy I liked them. Guys usually tell me first and since I've had no desire to date in years, I usually end up turning them down. Now I really like someone and I want to tell him I like him (which is weird because I've never wanted to tell anyone before). I just don't know how. I'm a grown woman and he is a grown man, but I feel like I'm 14 when thinking about telling him. So what do I do?

10

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• i know how nerve wracking it can be to ask someone out or share your feelings. I would suggest asking them on a date first, don't just come out of nowhere and say "i like you" maybe on the date work in something like "you're so funny, that's one of the things I really like about you". it's a good way to gauge his reaction to the word "like"

as for actually asking him, the first few times I asked a guy out I had to just not think about it as I ask him on a date. just not think about it and let my mouth say the words I have practiced so many times to make sure it sounds right :) speak clearly, even then some guys are so caught off guard you may have to repeat yourself.

good luck and just do it! it only gets easier each time. the yeses usually outweigh the nos and it gives you good practice either way. hope this helps!