How to start talking to my ex again?

Okay, so it is sad but I would like my ex back in my life, I accept we may never end up together, but I love to talk to him again. We broke up a little over a month ago, he ended it because he didn't want to drag me down with his unhappiness. Which honestly caused a lot more of unhappiness and we got into it a lot and stopped talking altogether. I do still care about him a lot. We work together actually so I see him at work a lot (Different departments). I just don't know how to start talking again. He freaks out every time I am around like if he see's my family at the store he avoids them at all costs, he is scared almost like. I have caught him staring at me from time to time but when I see it he looks away quickly. I miss him a lot. He wasn't just my boyfriend he was my best friend... His family, his friends, my family, my friends all still think we will end up together in some odd fate. I don't think so. But, I would at least like to be able to talk to him and not avoid him at all costs at work...
How to start talking to my ex again?
Add Opinion