Can't get over ex boyfriend of 3 years?

So guys, what can I do to finally get my ex out of my head? It has been almost 3 years since we split but he is always lingering on my mind. We never had closure so I am thinking that is why he is still present. Should I say something to him?

319

Most Helpful Guy

• I didn't get closure when I and my ex broke up, and I'm in a good way.
    Fix yourself and develop your feelings towards yourself... you'll forgive and accept the apology you didn't get.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes you need a new love to forget last love.. Trust me when you see a new guy likes you and you start to date him and get close to him and feel like you have feeling to the new guy you will forget ur ex.. I'm saying that because it taked me 2 years to forgot my ex and till now I have some feelings to him but yh a new guy saved me

What Guys Said 18

• Having your ex on your mind.. Seems it's become a hobby/obsession..
    I think it's time to fill your life with some what more tangible things.
    As well as build new friendships etc.. Time to kick your own butt and get out doing thibgs that occupies your mind.. Thr mind dwells when it has nothing to distract yourself. Maybe yhese new adventures will commence as a distraction and eventually become something better? Who knows?

• Masturbate to your thoughts of him ( so many chemicals of desire are gone), then think about all the bad stuff you had going with him and how your current situation is better. Then think of him how he is going to be happy with someone that fits him. Then think of a better version of him and how the better version and you re gona live happily ever after... does the trick for me.

• Do you still want him as your ex? If you do don't do shit it'll go away if not hit him up but find out if he has someone else? You don't want to feel like a ass if he has moved on after 3 years and then finds out from you that you haven't. by the way who broke up with who?

• ... 3 years is not long? I haven' forget mine after 16 years.
    Well i can only say that you don't have to forget about him at all. Just move along and find a better somoneone. From time to time you'll remember him not like it matters?

• The first thing you need to do is stop telling yourself you can't get over it.
    The next thing you need to do is cut all ties with him. No phone no email no social media. Closure is overrated and what's done is done.

• There might be something important being not finished. Maybe seek for closure? Or for re-union? Depends on the situation. Is he still available for you?

• I wouldn't say anything to him... Gotta leave them in the past where they belong... And come on 3 years later... There's plenty of guys out there who will help you forget

• Listen to the words of Mae West "... the best way to get over one man is to get under another". :)

• It sounds like you definitely need closure. How did the relationship end?

• Probably you still didn't find better lover than him.

• Closure is good and all but if you really want to get over him why don't you date me LOL

• You shouldn't have cheated Susan.

• Depends. What caused you to break up?

• No just call me instead 925-698-6289

• Dude give it a break, why are you giving your phone number out on every single post made by a woman! Get a life or just get involved with the conversation at least, stop just coming across as an attention seeking weirdo.

• It’ll get better with time.

• Move on

• Have you tried being gangbanged? I heard it works.

• Prolly try to get closure

What Girls Said 2

• You need to fill your body mind and soul with other activities, events and people. So much so that your idle mind has no room to think about a guy you stopped seeing 3 years ago.

• Yes talk to him if this helps but I would suggest you go out, spend more time eith friends, have fun, meet new people and you’ll eventually get over him.