How can a guy use someone for 3 years on and off and then never commit? Leave and treat me like I was nothing?

He made promises told me all these things I was a virgin at 21 and we talked for over 4 months went on our first date after that I decided he was the one and I fell in love swept me off my feet. I lost my virginty to him he said he liked me he just needed the next level which was sex so I did that. He left me and broken heart the first time then came back fucked me and left again... This time for another women his constant text Snapchat and calls had me thinking he was being honest. This time I'm talking a year later he writes me on Facebook after not talking to him and of course acted different and so we hooked up and then he got me pregnant and made me have a abortion wasn't there for me at all. He says he likes me but doesn't want to take care of me financially and he texted called and everything a boyfriend would do. I'm devastated heartbroken and I don't understand why he would do this to me. When everyone turned there backs to him I was there... Why? What can I do to make him realize I wasted my heart and soul on him and this was over 3 years...
3
3