How to get a guy who hurt you out of your system?

This guy really played me for the past 2 years. I won’t get into details as to how, because it’s really long. The thing is though; I’m having an extremely difficult time getting rid of him from my head. I really cared about him on an immense scale. The relationship was toxic, he didn’t feel the same way in return, and he just knew how to play with my feelings. I know that all of this is my fault too; as I always gave him the benefit of the doubt. The problem is, now I’m hurting other people’s feelings because I’m still hung up over him. I was speaking to this guy who treated me great; but I hurt him in order to protect the guy that wasn’t treating me right, (I won’t get into details on that either.). I’m not a person who likes to watch people hurt and I know that all of that is my fault because it was me who chose to act before thinking, but I know that I acted the way that I did because I was considering the guy who didn’t treat me right. Anyways, I apologized many times to the guy who I hurt but he doesn’t want to know about it, and I respect that, as I acknowledge that it was my fault. I wasn’t into him anyways though; so perhaps it was better that I broke it to him a week into the relationship rather than string him along. Anyways, I know that I hurt him and I feel extremely guilty.
How can I get the guy who treated me badly out of my system? I don’t want this mistake to repeat itself and I am ready to move on with my life. Also, I just thought that I should add that I see this guy everyday, so there is absolutely no way that I could avoid him in that sense.
1
2