My best friend always ditches me for his ex?

Jon and I have been best friends for the past 5 years.

We are really close and he's a great friend.

The only problem is his ex girlfriend.

They dated for about a year, but broke up because they never got along. They had a very unhealthy relationship -- fighting all the time. It ended with a pregnancy and she had a miscarriage. Because of their unhealthy relationship it was awkward to hang out with the two of them together -- there was always tension and they just never seemed to click. Because of this her and I never really got along. She was rude to me on several occasions.

In their relationship he always chose her over me.

I understand he cared about her, but we'd barely see each other because they would spend all this time together. I told him it bothered me and he never seemed to understand. I was always thinking "Why does he never hang out with me especially when him and his girlfriend have such a bad relationship?" Sometimes he'd try to remedy the situation by all three of us hanging out, but since it was so weird they way they got along I never felt comfortable. There were at least two things when Jon and I had plans, but he completely bailed out on me cause I didn't want her to come by.

Anyway, they started hanging out again and it's the same thing.

He doesn't get call or text me back as often as he used to and he always hangs out with her over me. They aren't even dating right now, just hanging out again.

I am upset cause my "best friend" cares more about this girl who he clearly is not compatible with then me. What do I do?

I am not trying to be a drama queen, but he's a great friend and it hurts me that he can't be a little more realistic about all of this.

Thanks!

T
3
1