I want to break up with my boyfriend, but he loves me too much. Help?

So I have been in a long distance relationship with a guy for quite sometime. But, recently I started to not love him anymore. I don’t get happy when I see that he is texting or calling me, and I just feel like all the sweet things I am saying to him are just empty words now. This is one of those cliche ‘this is me not you’ type of things. He has done absolutely nothing wrong, I am the one that has changed.

I don’t want to drag on this relationship because it is not healthy. I would like to break up with him so I don’t hurt his feelings even more, but I am afraid to. He is depressed and he tells me that I am the only one that is keeping him up on his feet and pushing him forward with a smile on his face. He also said that he does not know what he would do/be without me and that I am ‘everything’ to him.

As as you can tell he loves me very much, and he tells me that everyday. So I am afraid that if I break up with him, it’d hurt him too much, and he is a very soft guy on top of that. Yes, he is a very nice, loving guy and why would you want to breakup with someone like that? But, I am not happy in this relationship and I don’t want to continue it if I have no more feelings towards him.

So, how should I approach this to him?
1
2