Have you ever had a ex realize years later after you give up on trying to win them back how badly they fucked up?

Just was thinking after I come across some old photos of my ex girlfriend I forget I ever had if she ever missed me or still cared about me. I waste a year of my life fighting for someone I missed so much before I realize something. Why fight for someone who isn't fighting for you? 1 year late I met my current girlfriend and she give me some advice that I now live by... just go with the flow and never expect so much out of dating someone. Every since then no one has been able to hurt me since am not expecting then to marry me or do anything for me I just go with the flow n hope things will turn out the way they are meant to be. So my only question now is have you ever had a ex who hated you who realize years later they wanted you back? Or is the saying they only want you back once you move on untrue?
1
1