If someone breaks up with me, I don't fight for them, any one else?

I've been in a lot of relationships where I was putting in way more than they other person. I recently had a girl break up with me and I was just very understanding but I didn't try to fight for her or win her back. I don't want to waste my time, or theirs, if they aren't 100% in. I also despise head games where someone breaks up and expects the other person to chase after them. I It seems like a cheap power move that is preying on an already sensitive situation. get self conscious after these break ups that I screwed up by not chasing them, but I have too much self worth to chase after something that told me they don't want me.

Also, when a girl tells me they want to break up, mentally I immediately check out, even if I thought things were going great up till that point. The exception to this is if I did something wrong and I screwed up to cause the break up. Is anyone else like this? Do you fight for someone if they broke up with you? Have you ever gotten back together with someone because you chased after them?
3
4