How to bring up the topic of breaking up?

I want to break up with my boyfriend of almost a year. I know what I am going to say and what I have to tell him. I just don't know how to bring it up in conversation.

At this point there isn't much conversation when we do hang out, and I am pretty quiet and unhappy around him. I've been trying to wait for him to ask "what's wrong" or something along those lines, but he never does.

How can I start the break up conversation WITHOUT saying "we have to talk"?

10

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• this is what I did...me and most of my friends come and meet with each other at the mall or something and well I wanted to break up with my boyfriend, and well when we sat down and it was almost time for me to go, I looked him in the eyes and said "can we please talk in prevert?" and he said yes so yeah I grabbed his hand and walked a few tables away from the rest of my friends and this is what I said "i don't think we are working out because (give the reason why) and I really don't think I shoudl be with someone who I have lost feelings for and I'm sure that someone out there is looking for you but yeah, I'm sorry I don't have any feelings for you anymore, I'm sure that if you want we could be friends but I'm sorry" that's how I ended it and I'm sure you can do something like that, the advice is to not think that they were never good for you in the first place, like say it was great to be your girlfriend but yeah you know something like that!

good luck hope I have helped!