Is this a common thing for exes?

I've been apart from my ex for over a year now and during that year we still had on and off contact. He was the last one who initiated contact some weeks ago. He started the conversation with ''I know I've said that I was seeing someone, but it is already over''.

Now throughout that convo it felt like I should be honest too because it just felt like i was hiding something. I started telling him about that I also tried seeing others and surprisingly he started asking questions to why it didn't work out. I told him my reasons, and after I told him everything.. he suddenly made this turn to being cold again. And told me that he noticed that I still kinda was attached to him and that he wants to cut off the contact again and would be deleting my number...
I honestly didn't know how to react to any of that so,

I tried asking him to what his reason was to contact me that night telling me all that about that person he tried seeing, he didn't answer.. but blocked me instead. Now this is the first time I'm experiencing this with an ex and its just bothering me a lot.. (other exes were way less complicated stories)...

Is this common for exes to behave this way and he just dont know how to get over me? or... what?

(Please, dont waste ur time by commenting negative things)
Is this a common thing for exes?
1
1