Why is my ex acting this way?!? like what does she want?

Me and my ex broke up 2 months ago... we started talking again a month ago after no contact for 4 weeks. When we started talking she said that she loves me and misses me. I asked her if she wanted to try things again, but not anytime soon. She said yes, but she won't consider it until she finds a job and is stable. 3 days later she calls me crying tell me she just wants to be friends and I asked what happened since our last talk. She said that she is not sure if she just needs time and she loves me and cares for me so she doesn’t want to keep me on the back burner. She told me that she can't even tell me now if she needs time or not. She has been in a relationship for a long time. We were just together for 2 years but she just came out of a 4 year when I met her. She told me that right now she likes how she just stays home, studies, doesn’t care if no one calls her all day... I'm 32 she is 31. She just wanted me to know that she doesn’t know what her mind set will be in a month or two. She says she may be like what the hell was I thinking and yes she wants to be with me but she just doesn’t know. But she is telling me this because she cares about me. now she tells me that she just likes being single and isn't coming back but she constantly calls me and tell me personal things about her family as if we were together...She says that she doesn't want to get back into the fighting that was happening right before we broke up and she feels that she can't get over little lies that I said to avoid fights... She still tells me she loves me and all.. So what do I do from here... continue to talk to her? Or do ignore her to make her feel a sense of loss... Do I call her a few times a week? What is she thinking... thank you for all your advice on how to get her back. Does she really love me? Is it that she just wants time on her own.. she talks to me every single day! and we laugh and hit it off like when we were together.. advice?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• Do not call her for a while (month), let her think that you moved on. That will bug the crap out of her if she really cares... When you do call her act like you've been busy, but don't give to much info. Play hard to get, let her chase you for a change!

What Girls Said 2

• not sure why she calls you. but you guys may need to either be friends or stop talking.

• I agree. It sounds like you both need to branch out!

What Guys Said 2

• If she is not emotionally available for a relationship, perhaps you would consider being a friend to offer her support during this hard time she is having. Try to keep it platonic if that helps to convince her that you are there for the whole 9 yards and not just to make love.

• You seriously need to take a step back..way back. Any time a girl puts you in the "friend" category, you're almost on your way out...and there is no going back from a woman's mind. If you don't practice a little self-control, it will be over.

Give her space and date other women.

Don't even reply to her if she contacts you. Not for a few months.