Letting a girl know you're interested.

Most of the time when I am interested in a girl, whenever I get the balls I will ask her out. Thus when I ask her out I will pay for her, but recently I am told that is wrong. I have been told and reading in some of these books that first off I shouldn't make it seem like a date and if it is the two of us that I shouldn't pay for them. This goes against everything that I was taught when growing up. Also that I don't always have to ask her out right away, but I don't know other ways of letting a girl know I am interested.

92

Most Helpful Girl

• Some girls aren't comfortable with dating like that, or it makes them feel objectified. However, I have always been taught that it is proper to go about dating as you have described.

It depends on the guy whether I pay my half or let him pay, but for the most part I expect the guy to pay on the FIRST date. Again, I think that is just because of how I was raised. You have to feel out the girl and get an idea of what she expects. If she looks at you waiting for you to pay, then obviously she expects you to. Not to mention, I think some girls who don't expect a guy to pay are still flattered if he chooses to do so.

Be yourself, and don't let books change you if you think that something is right. Chances are, a girl will be able to tell if you're not being yourself.

What Girls Said 8

• shelf the book...girls have a basic desire to be taken care of just as men have a basic desire to be needed. Its hard for men and women today because we are "supposed" to be equal but equal goes against basic instinct. Yes, there are some exceptions to this rule. I say if you were raised to be a gentleman and you take a girl out that is offended because you treated her like a lady...find yourself a lady because you are truly a gentleman and that's who you are!

• Throw the book away. Better yet, burn your copy after writing a nasty review about it online. That's total BS. Do what you learned growing up. It's called "being a gentleman."

• do things that you don't have to pay for... simple as that ... go to like a park,beach,mall, just hang out. do things that you don't have to pay for and see how well the date goes caouse if you do pay for like the first 2 dates they might think oo he will always pay for me and she might just use you

• When it comes to dating the date atmosphere is an illusion. You can ask her on a date and still have fun and relax like you would with friends. There is no pressure on a fun first date. Plan some suggestions out and relax. You're not getting married. xD

Ask for paying, ask her if it's OK for you to take the check. Some girls want this and some don't. (It doesn't matter you don't want it) If you want to be on the safe side ask this (she will probably say: "Oh by all means I want to pay for myself." You insist on paying but if she repeats she wants to pay for her part, don't "play polite", she means it.

• I don't know I think it's nice when a guy pays on a date. Honestly it's one of the indicators I uses to see it it's just hanging out or if it's a real date. Sometimes people will hangout before they start dating, just spending time together to see if they want to go out on a date with each other. If you’re just hanging out I wouldn't expect for the guy to pay. You seem like a nice guy I hope your luck picks up! :)

• Now don't get me wrong hanging out when the atmosphere isn't all date like is important, but so are actual dates.I can't stand a guy who never wants to go on dates,and having a guy who I know likes me and I like him constantly wait to ask me on a date frustrates me.As for the not paying I'll just say I think a guy paying is incredibly really sweet ,maybe some girls don't but majority do.=)

• To be honest, I think you should just stick with what has always worked for you. I don't see anything wrong with what you've been doing. :)

• just straight up tell her you like her that's what I do to guys.

What Guys Said 2

• What king of books were these?

• is always a good thing