I've heard that he has a new girlfriend, which I didn't think was going to hurt this bad but for some reason it really does.

i dated a guy for 3 years and broke up with him I would say about 6 or 7 months ago the reason we broke up is because he cheated a few times and it was a long distance relationship and it really bothered me after a while, he was heart broken and really upset. we kept in contact for a while and he would come visit me and we had a great time but there was still always something there that I couldn't get over, and since I broke up with him he had some bad blood with me.

now I've heard that he has a new girlfriend, which I didn't think was going to hurt this bad but for some reason it really does. I think it hurts because I don't have a significant other at this time. and I'm feeling a little bummed about it. can someone give me advice on how to get through this? it hurts so bad and for some reason now that I see he's with someone else its making me really miss him. and is almost making me forget all the bad things he has done to me. <3

11

Most Helpful Girl

• i know how you feel and you will get past the pain trust me. It sucks when they move on before you do, my ex did. He moved on two weeks after he left me. We were together a year and a half and he moved on in a heart beat. I was devastated. Then two months ago a friend hooked me up with her friend. It took about a half a year for me to find someone else. He is great and even better then my ex ever was. There is someone out there for you! Time is the biggest healer, but take comfort in the fact that you still have the right person to find. Enjoy your single time, do whatever you want. I know that's hard to do and I didn't for a while, but you learn to get used to it. Just think because he moved on so quick after you it probably means that he doesn't wanna be alone. Guys are creatures of habit and they like to know they have someone. I hope this helps! it will get better!

• Thank you so much, these are really wonderful things to say and a good way to look at it. I'm happy that youve found someone as well. thanks again for the advice and the inspiration!

What Guys Said 1

• This guy cheated on you "a few times"...You seem like a smart girl, what does that tell you?Forget about him. Even if you did get him back would you trust him? A few equals 3, Do you not think there would be a 4th? I don't mean to be harsh, but you gotta smarten up. NOW that YOU find out he has a girlfriend it hurts. That tells me enough to think you don't neccessarily want to be with him, but you don't want him with anyone else either...and that's common, but at some point you have to realize things for what they really are and not what you wish they could be. Get over him and find someone that's NOT going to cheat on you. Once you do that you'll look back on this post and laugh wondering what you were thinking.

I hope I didn't come off as a d*ck...but more like tough love.

Good luck to you!

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!