Dating advice of death of husband?

My husband died a year ago of a heart attack leaving me a young widow at 37. I decided to get back out there and met a wonderful man who we fell in love with each other after a short time. We were planning to move in together and he was part of all my kids day to day lives and I was part of his daughters life. 6 weeks ago, he suffered a heart attack and although only needing a stent fitted he is fine and back at work. I visited him in the hospital everyday and even picked up his clothes from his house. Then he was discharged and has not spoken to me since. I have tried so many times to message him and call him however he reads my messages but doesn't respond. I forced him one day to answer if he still loved me and the only response I have gotten to date was "sorry I just can't, you will be better off in the long run, I promise". I have sent him messages saying that I would take him with whatever he has but he refuses to answer me. I got very angry last week and sent him a message saying how much he has hurt me and what a coward he is for not meeting me face to face. I said some pretty hurtful things however I only said it as he was ignoring me and wouldn't even apologise for breaking my heart. Why would someone be so cruel to me if he knew my situation and the hurt I overcame when I lost my husband? Should I just move on or should I fight for him. I have no idea how to fight for him as he won't even respond to my messages or calls. Is he trying to protect me or is he using that as a way to get out of the relationship. His best friend said that he is so down at the moment and just sits and doesn't say anything. So confused.
Dating advice of death of husband?
Add Opinion