What do significant about having a face to face conversation?

My boyfriend broke up with me last week. We will had been together a year this Wednesday. We’ve still been in contact everyday since then but we haven’t really talked that much about the break up just casual conversations.
Today i apologized through a text because i realized that he broke up with me because of something i was constantly doing and i told him that i missed him and loved him. He texted back and ssaid “i love and miss you too sweetie and that we need to talk face to face “ I’m scared to talk to him to his face honestly think he’s going to hurt my feelings
he broke up with me because i got extremely clingy towards him because he started being distant and i wasn’t giving him space which i understand. And also my parents don’t really like him nor do they think i should be spending the night with him or over his house. I still I've with my parents have my own job and car etc that i pay for.
3
0