Why do I still care?

My ex cheated on me for weeks and lied to me about it, and he has done it before and I'm sure he'll do it again. I can't see him being in a relationship, even a marriage, and not cheating. Clearly, if he can lie so easily he's not nearly as nice a person as I thought he was and not someone I should want to spend the rest of my life with. I should just think that he's a complete arsehole right? and just say 'f*** him' and forget and move on. but I can't! I still care about him so much and I guess I just want him to be the different person I thought he was. I'm he' jealous of him and his new girlfriend, even though I knowll do the same to her eventually. it's ridiculous. help!

thanks for your comments, it really helps!

11

What Guys Said 1

• Analyze your need for him.

Is it him or your insecurity?

What Girls Said 1

• First off, I am so sorry you are going through this heartache. It hurts, I know. I believe you are taking his cheating as a personal attack as you as a woman. When in fact, cheating is not about the victim, but more about the cheater. He is on an ego trip knowing these assortment of women find him desireable enough to be with him, if even temporarily. he then also has the safety net of knowing you will keep taking him back, as you have in the past. Just keep reminding yourself over and over that you deserve a man's faithfullness and commitment. Not to mention what he could be subjecting you to having sex with so many other women and then with you in between. Love yourself enough to stop torturing yourself and allowing this man to as well emotionally. Good luck.