If the dumper wants to remain friends straight after a breakup, does that mean they lost feelings and has moved on already?

Remain friends = stay in regular contact (every week) and hanging out nearly every week (going out to eat, going to the cinemas, no sex though)
  • Yes
  • No, not necessarily

31

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on the person.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I voted "yes" because I remembered a saying: if the two are friends after a breakup then they are still in love or have never been in love. If he still loved you then either he wouldn't break up or if the situation was unbearable and he still had feelings then he'd cut contact with you for at least some time to try to move on. I dumped a guy I didn't love and was able to be friends, even willing. He loved me and said he couldn't continue being friends.