I refused an open relationship with him, is this why he acted this way?

We have been friends for 6 years, and I’m only saying this so the story makes sense, he is a successful musician with millions of fans across the world. We have always been close but told me a few months back he sees me as more than a friend. We had been taking it very slow because we didn’t want to wreck our friendship, we are also long distance. He knew my friends and family and I really cared about him.

So he is on tour in my country, he offers to come to my hometown to see me because we had argued and he wanted to show me he really does care and value me. I said that’s not fair on him, he has a show so I will come to him. He invited me on his tour, saying it will be fun, he’s really excited, he can’t wait to just get to know me on a different level. I agreed and the first day was perfect.

Cuddling me in front of fans and his friends, he booked us an amazing hotel and did not try to sleep with me, just cuddled. It was fun. The next day he had a free day, he had told me he wanted to take me out but didn’t. We just hung out in the hotel and napped a lot. We still had fun, gave each other massages, we spoke about deep topics and enjoyed each other’s company. Later in the night he took me to a rooftop bar, and he told me he wants to be free, being who he is it’s hard for girls to understand his life & he believes every girl will be the same. I felt like he was suggesting an open relationship, I told him I value him too much & I would only go for exclusive. We discussed things for around an hour, in the end he smiled at me and seemed fine.

Then the next day we moved to the next city, he hardly spoke to me, always on his phone, he just wanted to sleep. He didn’t want to do anything with me, he had changed. Then he booked my train tickets home & got me an taxi, I wasn’t due to go home yet. He told me to text him when I’m home but I didn’t. I haven’t heard from him since. Did such a long time friend really just try to use me? I don’t understand what happened at all.
1
1