Attending a party with my ex and his new girlfriend?

This weekend there is a huge party which has been planned for months. These are all mutual friends of my ex and I (we broke up 5 months ago and he was dating a new girl 2 months after). They will be there together. I've never met her and haven't had a conversation with him since we broke up. The times I have bumped into him since he has pretended I don't exist or said a very sarcastic "hello". He's been pretty jerky since he dumped me, although I was hoping we could be peaceful for the sake of mutual friends (and the fact that our breakup wasn't based on cheating or any other real drama).

While I still hurt a lot over the whole thing this isn't someone I want to be with. The last few months of pain have been more about his treatment of me post breakup than the dumping itself.

Should I go to this party? I want to socialize like normal with our friends but I know it will be uncomfortable. Also, I don't want his girlfriend to feel uncomfortable either-this is about him and his attitude, and I wonder if I should subject myself to it. I absolutely HATE ignoring people - I think it's so stupid, but I know that's what I will be forced to do to him and I don't like that either.

I really appreciate input!

12

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes go be yourself, don't worry about them move on ...

What Guys Said 1

• thats f***ed up! dress as a naughty school girl, and steal your man back! I love you forever babes x

What Girls Said 1

• Like you said, these are all mutual friends of yours and your ex so there is absolutely no reason why you SHOULDN'T go. Should you and your ex and his new missus cross paths during this party, the main thing to remember is to be civil especially if he is being for a lack of better words, a knobhead. If he wants to shun you and be sarcastic then that's his problem; but you don't have to be like that in return to him, his new girlfriend or anyone else. Just be fabulous and have a good time.