What are some ways you try to get over someone?

for me I have to be in the mindset that I WANT to get over him. that's the biggest hurdle.

52

Most Helpful Girl

• In a way, I kind of fade them away from my life.

Like, I won't start conversations with him anymore. That way, he won't be on my mind all the time. Since the more you think about someone, the more that feeling for them gets engraved in your heart. I stop talking about him to my friends. It's proven that the more you talk about someone, the more you fall for them. And, I start talking to new people just for distraction.

That's the way I do it but not even on purpose. I've just notice that when I'm trying to get over a guy, these things just happen subconsciously.

What Guys Said 2

• Currently, I've started watching Lost... from seasons 1 to 6... all over again. I've been watching reruns of Glee, new episodes of Chuck, The Vampire Diaries, and Hellcats. TV sets my mind free.

And when I'm in a better mood with everything, I'll substitute some of my excessive TV watching for exercise. And then when I'm fit enough, I'll start going out with friends more. :)

• To get over someone, get under someone else. lol

What Girls Said 4

• you can't force it, the day will come when you want to get over him, and then better days and so on...it takes time. I spent a while in the stage of still wanting to believe that things might be OK sometime in the future with my ex because otherwise I couldn't cope with life but now I know it's never going to happen and so I just have to kind of pretend he didn't exist, which is sad but hey...

• Tell yourself that you are this amazing person who deserves to have it all.

If he didn't treat you as though you were the most awesome person ever and he can't believe how lucky he is to be with you, then tell yourself that he wasn't into you the way he should be, the way you deserve!

• I do a few things.

Go out with my friends to keep my mind off things

Then if I'm not drunk before I go home at night

i buy 5 or 6 containers of cookie dough icecream,

rent a sh*t load of movies and watch movies and eat

until I'm too tired to stay awake anymore.

And I keep this a daily thing until I start feeling better = )

• Try and point out all his bad qualitys and make him kinda a turn off for you.