Should I stay til he realizes he wants a relationship or should I move on and how to do it?

My ex and I dated for a year. We broke up last January and i did all the negative stuff to get him back like begging, crying etc. He already cut me off completely in all social media. Since then we only had limited contact through text and im always the one texting him first. He would reply hours after or doesn't even bother replying at all. For the last 2 months wehad sex twice. And last week when i went to his place to return his stuff, we ended up making out. I couldn't control myself i miss him so much. We cuddled a bit and he told me it's hard to get back together coz he doesn't want to hurtme again. He also said that it's not all about lust that he also loves me. He was sweet and all but it hurts coz i know he doesn't want to be in a relationship with me anymore. He told me it's okay to see each other but no commitment. And he knows i want more. I know i should move on but i still love him very much and i want him to be with me officially. Should i stay til such time he realizes he wants me as girlfriend or should i just move on and how to do it? (which is really hard)
1
1