Do you think it’s possible that you could move on from someone, and then redevelop feelings for them?

I mean like an old crush or an ex. Or is it that you just never moved on from them? Also did that ever happen to you?
  • It’s possible
    Vote A
  • I don’t think that’s possible
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• yes it's possible, all depends on the reason why it couldn't work the previous time. for example say the first time they broke up was due to long distance but now both live in same area, things could rekindle. also people grow over time and it may just have been bad timing the first time round, the ex couple could then find themselves wanting the same things in a partner later in life.

2|0
    0|0
  • A good question. I was actually wondering this myself as I think I'm might be in this situation lol. I think if you liked them once, why couldn't those feelings return? You do bring up an interesting point though, if so, did you ever really get over them?

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I dated this guy for about a month. we hit it off quickly becoming friends after the first time hanging out. but once I started dating him I felt put off like we were better off as friends :P we broke up about a month later and didn't talk for a little over a year. until I found out he moved in a few blocks down the road from me. long story short I started crushing on him again after hanging out quite a lot lol I dreaded every time I saw him simply because the feelings were still there. oh well xD

1|0
    0|0
  • It only means you never really moved on. You only redevelop feelings if you're the type that stays friends or in touch with an ex. If you cut completely contact, highly unlikely that feelings will come back.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 23

• When you have a relationship with someone you share a lot with that person. Leaving that person can be like leaving your best friend.

I think that just the memories/connection you had with that person for a period of time makes it common for people to go back to that.

2|0
    0|0
  • I was married and in a relationship with someone for 16 years. I ended the marriage because she became a horrible spouse and I hated my life with her.

A part of me still loves her. Sometimes I still wish we were together.

I consider it par for the course. Love is not a singularity, but a rolling wave.

I’ll never be with her again but I won’t stop caring for her on some level.

2|0
    0|0
  • Of course it's possible, there's reasons why you developed those feelings originally and unless that person completely changes those reasons are still there.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ex n me have had lots or sex after we ended still would if we met lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Old crush possible but dating an ex wife/husband and remarry sounds creepy because the snake bite you once will do it again. you better move on.

3|0
    0|0
  • Been there. Trying to convince myself that it never happened

1|0
    0|0
  • Yea like there was this girl I liked for 5 or 6 year but then she rejected me, then a year later I saw her again & then moved on from her

1|0
    0|0
  • Unless something major happens that causes you to loose them, its always a possibility

1|0
    0|0
  • hey I got here! how u do dat

1|0
    0|0
  • No idea 😶

1|0
    0|0
  • Only if you're a girl

1|1
    0|0
  • It’s possible..

1|0
    0|0
  • Thats oxymoron in every respect.

2|0
    0|0
  • Possible. It never happened to me, though

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I think it's possible

1|0
    0|0
  • It is possible.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the persons & situation.

1|0
    0|0
  • Its possible and happens a lot

1|0
    0|0
  • Its possible

1|0
    0|0
  • Why not?

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 10

• I had loved my ex since the day we broke up to the day he moved. I hadn't talk to him for almost a year after and I did feel like I had moved on. That's when he messaged me again and we started talking, I realized I still have feelings for him. I'm not positive if I redeveloped them or if they were always there.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don’t see why it wouldn’t be possible

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope..

1|0
    0|0
  • everything is possible

1|0
    0|0
  • Its happened. Multiple times. :/

1|0
    0|0
  • It is possible.

1|0
    0|0
  • It happens

1|0
    0|0
  • It's very possible.

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s defin possible. When you’ve had such a strong connection with someone, that never really goes away.

1|0
    0|0
  • Happened to me

1|0
    0|0
    • Did you got back together?

• Show All
    • That’s strange😐

• Yes.

Recommended myTakes