Girlfriend broke up with me because I'm too serious. Is this fair?

Is this fair and valid reason? She told me I don't like to have fun and all I do is complain about my job.
I mean, it's true that I don't like my job and I'm looking for a new one.

But why would she break up with me for that? I don't understand.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If you always complain about your job, then it creates negative and very draining energy. That is universally unattractive and kills all attraction.

I do not complain about anything, I just either decide to change it, or accept it.

The more time you spend complaining, the more rigid and stressed you become. This translates into a lack of spontaneity, fun, and you no longer flow. However, most girls nowadays will find any excuse to move on to greener pastures, so I'd take any reason with a very large pinch of salt.

2|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 13

• Of course it’s fair, she isn’t obligated to be with you for any reason - she gave you an explanation as to why and she doesn’t want to be with someone like that. Just as you’re free to choose the personality traits that matter for you

4|0
    0|0
  • I'm going to be completely honest with you about this. You bum her out. While you don't think it's fair to you, she still has valid feelings. You aren't in the same place mentally, so breaking up was probably the best choice for her. You don't want her to be unhappy do you? Good luck with the job search. All the best.

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn’t need to be fair. She didn’t want to date you anymore

2|0
    0|0
  • It is cause everyone can choose with whom they want to be in a relationship, that with you two wasn't meant to be so yeah move on and I'm sure one day you will find someone who will fit with you

0|0
    0|0
  • It could be a reason. She probably just doesn't feel good around you because of all your seriousness. But don't worry, you'll find another girl, you'll click better with

0|0
    0|0
  • Any reason to break up is fair.
    If they don't want to be with someone, then any reason is valid.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe u should try to loosen up a bit. I mean, people break up with people for small reasons all the time. Even stupid ones.

0|0
    0|0
  • Let her leave she's not your wife. She is just the kind of girl who gets pregnant, you marry her, and then she complains and leaves you because you work to much. You got lucky dude. The fact that she didn't want anything "too serious" and you did is really her saying "I don't really want to marry you but if you got any tools I can use I will stay just don't make me marry you." However if it wasn't filled with drama, fights, arguments, and family disliking you or her... I could easily say there's something else going on. Not saying pry though it'll come out eventually if it's something else if you're worried about her but your young so you got time. If you actually want to marry you may have to try women in their mid 20s... they may be ready for marriage in a few years.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope... talk to her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe she founds it to negative and down all the time. Keep the balance in having fun, but confiding in her.

But it shows she not right for you if she does not stick with with if you are nother happy with your job, it's better like this as if something really bad to happen and she leaves you. No one wants that to happen.

0|0
    0|0
  • to be completely honest, it would be hard to think of an ‘invalid’ reason to break up with someone. it could be any small thing, as long as you no longer want to continue that relationship.. it’s a valid reason

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not fair since many many girls or couples out there are trying to be serious but don't succeed! While you are serious but she doesn't appreciate it; however that's her life her choices her thoughts so screw her and it's good it ended though so you can find your real girl this time the one you deserve...

0|0
    0|0
  • As the saying goes... she’s just not that into you.

It hurts, but better now than later. Sorry, fella. Hope things look up.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• Both parties need to be happy in each other's presence for a relationship to last. She was not happy (for whatever reason- maybe your negativity), ergo she decided to call it quits.

Would you want to date a girl that was always super serious, and complained abiut work whenever you had time to spend together?

1|1
    0|0
  • It sounds like she broke up with you because you were a "negative drag in life".
    Meh, same thing happened to me.

It's only fair that she can choose to break up with you for that. It's a good reason.

0|0
    0|0
  • TBH some third world country guys are like that.

Always talking and complaining about money/job/business and others. They're worse than women at complaining!

No woman will want that.

0|0
    0|1
  • It’s fair when you realize that nobody really cares about a man’s feelings... most women (I’ve known) only care about your feelings to the degree that it is directly about them. So you learn why men have spent eons becoming the masters of holding back certain emotions.

But can you find women who would not have broken up with you as easily/quick? Sure.

Also if you work a lot or have life goals that take time away from partying, try to find a woman with a similar approach to life and you will have way more room to work with.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah she wants a comedian.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it's fair on her side

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. She clearly wants options. It's her choice

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're complaining then you're too weak to change what is upsetting you. That's unattractive.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes