I broke up with my shitty boyfriend, what now?

I was in this relationship for 8 months, things got serious pretty fast (I know his entire family, friends and we’ve traveled together) to be honest, he was a shitty boyfriend, he made me feel bad about the fact that I wasn’t a virgin when I met him (Knowing I was raped), he made me feel bad about my career (I’m a law student) saying it was all about corruption and blah blah, he wouldn’t let me go out with my friends, and whenever he was moody he took it all on me. He always apologized but still. So one day, I don’t know how, I just snapped out of it and broke up with him, I tried to be very gentle and told him he was an amazing person an all, and he was so cold, telling me things he knew they were going to hurt me. I think I deserved a little more, but whatever.
is it bad that I don’t feel anything right now? I’m not even sad, maybe a little angry but that’s all. I haven’t even checked any of his social media accounts. My life went straight to what it was before I met him. Are feelings going to hit me all at once at some point or what? also, should I give him his stuff back? I just have a couple of t shirts and his perfume (if I do I wouldn’t have to see hin, just his doorman)

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Learn your lessons from this experience. This is not HIS fault. YOU allowed this to happen. Listen to what you said: "he wouldn’t let me go out with my friends." Unless he locked you up, he could not control you like this without your cooperation. Don't be a victim; take responsibility and then take charge!

2. You have absolutely no duty to return anything that was given to you as a gift. You absolutely must return anything that was loaned to you.

3. I wrote a myTake bout moving forward after a break up: Breaking up: you may want to die. . . but you won't, so do yourself a favor and deal with it! ↗

4. In May last year, I broke up with a lady I dated for two years. She was mostly a good person but did not love me and she sometimes took advantage of my devotion to her. When I finally broke up with her, I was mad at myself but the break had been developing over months and I did not have any sudden traumatic impact. This may impact you gradually over the next year, so don't be in a rush to get into another serious relationship.

5. I have been practicing law for 32 years. I sometimes hear criticisms about "all lawyers are crooked." I always respond, "Well, then, I guess it's good that some honest people want to go into that profession and make it better."

Good luck!