Why do some guys can't move on with their ex so?

I just wondering why can't some guys move on then girls can move on very fast. Like i did with my past exbf. My first ex-bf still like me but i just want to be friends now. I am happy with my current boyfriend. Please read detail & question.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 27

• Thats not necessarily accurate i'd say... personally I have been anywhere between stalked to highkey asked to be together for up to 10 years after ending things. As for me though I've had six official gfs and 4 potential love interests, yet only two were hard for me to get over (took a couple years) - my very first (from age 12-16), then my fiancee (from age 19-21). The difference I've identified lies in the circumstances surrounding the break up and quality of the previously held relationship. In ALL of mine I was cheated on - horrendously so in those two aforementioned and also one of the "love interests". On top of that, there were subsequent lies, mind-messing, disruption to friends and family, etc. Most importantly though, there was the pain of losing my best friends (as all were actually friends for years before we ever got together) because they refused for some time to actually admit/address things afterwards. So the grief and loss was complicated and compounded which I believe is understandable but this is something that can and HAS happened to anyone, male or female. So that's my two cents pretty much; human interactions and people on a whole are too complex for generalities

0|0
    0|0
  • Simple we fall in love for real and not just with their body but their everything and when you love someone you never stop loving them you just learn to deal with it and move on eventually as it's the best thing for both of you but some of us just can't it hurts too much so we get stuck admiring them from afar watching them live it up whilst our life falls into ruin that is until someone restores our faith that the person we first fell in love with wasn't the one and that we can love someone else just as much if not more and then that delusion of having one true love is broken and you realize that the person you held so dear wasn't so perfect and then you start to become less infatuated with them till they're nothing to you.

1|3
    0|0
  • The beartbreak gradient is different for girls. amd guys. At the start of the breakup girls tend to hurt more, but gradually heal up, whereas guys dont feel too much at the beginning od the break but later on he gets progressively sadder, often over a longer period of time than the girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • The issue with guys is that as we were younger, we were thought that we have had to keep things inside and tough things out. Once we find someone who we can connect with and open up to, we can't get over them. To us, it is much more than a connection.

0|1
    0|0
  • Like life, it’s complicated...

We (read “I” a I can’t speak for all guys)... want to get over her by snapping into s new relationship..

Hurt her by being with someone else so quickly

Show her we are so in demand that we were snapped up.

How peers how easy it was to move on...

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people love more deeply than others, and guys tend to take longer to fall in love, but fall harder.

1|0
    0|0
  • What I've read and figured out from others experiences is that women fall in love quicker than men but when men fall in love, they fall hard. So it's easier for a woman to move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a scientific fact that guys take longer to heal from heartbreak and it effects their over all life much more. It's just how we are wired. In fact some believe that some guys never truly get over it. The greater the shock of the breakup, the longer it takes to get over it. It hurts our confidence and self-esteem. This makes it difficult for us to chase girls who we believe to be out of reach because we no longer have the confidence to do so. It's like being stuck in a hole and not knowing how to get out.

0|3
    0|0
  • It's not just guys some girls are like that it's all about how you handle things

0|1
    0|0
    • Two of my ex-bf cheated on me I was annoyed. but I still was happy to dump cheating a$$ hole. i move on very fast most of the time.

• Some people struggle to move on and I find it easy as hell to move on from cheaters

• It's usually because girls are the ones who choose to break up and guys are the ones who didn't want it to happen.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because its been scientifically proven men experience love deeper than women. Women love conditionally when anything in their mind changes they go from loving that man to being repulsed by him.

0|1
    0|0
  • Women have better relational support networks. Only 1 in 20 male friendships approaches the level of intimacy the *average* female relationship has.

0|1
    0|0
  • I am that friend with benefits never actually had a girlfriend. Now i am old and have unrealistic goals for a woman to reach. Kinda lonely player gets played.

0|0
    0|0
  • Certain aspects of the relationship was probably better with the ex so they miss it, or they still love them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people fall in love with 'not being alone/having company' rather than with the person themselves. Means they can go from person to person with no trouble.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm the same way, and yeah it's hard, it's harder for guys to get girls than vice versa because girls are often very picky when finding a mate.

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls are worse than guys when it comes to that. Girls will date other guys but still be thinking about their ex

0|0
    0|0
  • For me because I put everything into it expecting a good future and I have trouble finding someone else to help me forget about ot

0|0
    0|0
  • Well some guys care, like actually have good intentions, and stick to their words, females tend to overthink and over react.

0|0
    0|0
  • girl broke my heart

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes