Why don't couples last after having a baby?

What's your take on it?

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Kids actually generate a space between the two adults.
    The key to a long lasting relationship is finding a babysitter and going on dates sub-frequently.
    The parents devote so much time into the child, they forget to devote time into themselves. They forget that the relationship needs effort.
    The child (ren) end up becoming a blind side. They are happy together, but the child (ren) is blinding.
    Once the kid grows up and moves out, the parents look at eachother, and no longer know eachother anymore. They have changed so much in the past 18+ years. Some take the time to get to know eachother again, but some end up leaving. The parents just changed too much over that 18+ years.

All you need to remember, is the relationship itself is just as important as the child. Never get blinded and lose eachother.

3|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Raising a baby isn't easy. it's overwhelming. its tiring. it's confusing. you lose out on sleep. physical intimacy. Being a parent changes how you think. you can't do a lot of the things you enjoyed doing together. the responsibility slaps you hard in the face.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 27

• Definitely not true.

I was in a very poor and a very strenuous relationship. We had a child and to prevent my child being damaged from the conflict I divorced my ex.

My sister is in a very strange relationship where her issues stem from her family and my BILs family who are very intrusive. They are very much still together however plagued by conflict arising from family, they have a child of 3.
    Another very close friend before having a child him and his wife were very close, his wife finds it difficult to shoulder any sort of responsibility so they struggle a lot after the child but they're still together and working at it child is almost 5. Despite their basic attitudes to life differ.
    If a couple get into a relationship thinking everything is going to be fun all the time and they don't deal with any responsibilities and duck them repeatedly that is when when serious responsibilities come towards their way for example a child which they cannot avoid they crumble under the pressure and blame eachother for lack of support.
    Many couples who deal with life seriously and responsibly, work well in tandem. When there is serious responsibility they juggle it and get through the challenges.

So I disagree with your comment.

0|0
    0|0
  • One or both partners weren't ready for the commitment of having a child, the stress of not being able to go out together whenever they want or even have sex without being disturbed adds pressure to a relationship and if your relationship isn't strong in the first place it's enough to end it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes it’s the baby that keeps them together longer than they would have done.
    Me and my now ex would have broken up if she didn’t fall pregnant but she fell pregnant so I stuck around to be a father eventually we broke up.

2|0
    0|0
  • Because then the girl has the guy. Once they have a kid he has to pay child support. He's fucked and she knows it.

0|2
    0|0
  • Most of them either underestimated the responsibilities of a child or didn't expect one to have it all and they can't handle the stress

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the couple, some couples aren't strong enough to take the stress, maybe they stop being focusing on each other and the baby is priority, maybe less sex and intimacy, maybe money issues (babies are expensive), maybe all the above.

0|1
    0|0
  • It adds stress and responsibility. Frequently one partner will snap because they weren't actually ready to take on that level of commitment.

1|1
    0|0
  • What are you talking about? Unless it’s a bastard baby then usually couples are strengthened by kids. Abortions, still borns, and bastards are usually the only child related break up starters.

0|0
    0|0
  • The vast majority of them do. not sure where you are getting your information.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because Monogamy is the most unnatural thing known to mankind. It's also one of the biggest scams of all time (aside from religion).

0|1
    1|4
  • Wow good question. but easy one to answer. for me it was stress and not enough time for each other. babies turn into kids and it gets complicated

1|0
    0|0
  • The women become obsessed with baby and the guy gets pushed off to the side. Where there should be balance

0|2
    0|0
    • That was kind of my experience. Babies take a lot of work so of course it's reasonable that there will be less time to be together once a child is added, but it did seem to me that the baby became her only priority and I was no longer important at all. As you said balance is important, but my ex-wife was never good at balance on almost anything.

• As far as I know kids are one those another reasons with the couple wants to stay together.

1|1
    0|0
  • They were never meant to be together in the first place. The baby was the straw that broke the camel's back.

1|0
    0|0
  • Cuz these days adulds acting as kids are having kids so what do you expect.

0|1
    0|0
  • I guess some people can't handle the idea, pressure and the responsibility of becoming a parent

0|0
    0|0
  • Marriage... "If you love put a ring on it" I'll just put a ring on my gun and dog then...

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't stand any kids within the ranges of less than 1 to 14, any older and I'm fine

0|0
    0|0
  • One hole isn't enough. Time to drill another one 😋😋😋

0|0
    1|0
  • One doesn’t love the other

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 15

• Sometimes the girl has physical problems after the baby that don't allow for sex for a while, even after clearance from Dr. Sometimes the guy can't handle the pressure. Sometimes postpartum depression pushes the couple apart. There are a lot of factors.

1|0
    0|0
  • Often those relationships were never going to last anyway, people only persevere because of an unexpected baby when had that not occurred the relationship would have likely died out sooner.

Also, not all couples are equipped or prepared for the realities of what having children does to your relationship and allow them to become the entire focus instead of still taking time for each other

0|0
    0|0
  • I think its because the couple allows children to ruin a relationship. They get so wrapped up in living their lives through their children that they lose sight of why they married in the first place. If people would stop pressuring each other. Its like if you don't have kids it makes you less of a person.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because one partner ends up with two babies to take care of when she/he only signed up for one. Some people in the relationship aren't able to emotionally care for the baby, and they start getting jealous / resentful and act out, usually by demanding more sex. This puts, additional pressure on the primary caregiver, who is expected to do everything.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes this is part of the problem.
      My husband was like this with out first and second babies.
      After the second baby I had to sit him and ask him what his problem was.

• Lack of communication.
    Sometimes the guy doesn’t adjust to his new role in becoming a father and it turns into a fight when it comes to affection and personal down time.
    Tiredness and the lack of support.
    They forget about being a couple and the chance to do the little things like holding hands gets put to one side.
    Never stop dating your spouse.

0|1
    0|0
  • research suggests that having children puts quite a strain on relationships. Its not surprising since taking care of a child, especially the first one, can be challenging and stressful. This, along with people not being prepared for the stress, could be a reason why couples dont last after having kids. However, strong relationships can grow through this and having kids is also a very beautiful thing that can make your bond grow stronger.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most fo stay together, where are you getting that they don't?

0|1
    0|0
    • The amount of people in the world who were either raised by one parent or parents who aren't together? Most don't stay together forever.. where are you getting that they do?

• Depends in the couple, quite a few couples do last after having a baby. Some don't last because having a baby can put a strain on a relationship and some couples aren't ready to have a baby

0|0
    0|0
  • I would assume because having a baby comes with a lot of stress. Also, no one is prepared to be a parent there's no book that tells you right from wrong.

0|0
    0|0
  • Good question. It seems like everyone breaks up in about six months to a year after having a kid.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because children put a lot of stress on people’s relationships and some people just can’t handle it

0|0
    0|0
  • They do. The people you've heard for were not ready to take responsibility and run away afraid.

0|0
    0|0
  • Having kids should cause a stronger bond.

0|0
    0|0
  • Stress leads to fights

0|0
    0|0
  • Tragic story.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes