Ex broke up with me and sent an email a few weeks later blaming me for everything. Why bother taking the time?

My ex and I dated for a year. He broke up with me and it ended very badly. It basically started as a small fight and just snowballed. I sent him a message 2 weeks later and basically wished him well. He sent me the longest reply that I've ever seen him write and brought up things from the past that I thought we worked through. He basically assembled a list of fights to throw in my face. He certainly isn't fault-free and our fights were never that bad. There was no cheating or anything like that. I did not respond and it's been five weeks. Since he's the one that broke up with me, why would he bother trying to justify his actions to me? And why put all the blame on me? He got what he wanted.
5
1