Should I wait for my ex girlfriend?

I have an ex girlfriend and we have been together for about 3months. it was a one-sided relationship as she has no love for me at all. I asked her, she told me she won't mind being together even forever with a guy who loves her whole heartedly tho she has no feelings. I did not ask for anything in return cos I'm willing to fork out 100% for this r/s. we had been happy. but recently, I made up 2 white lies just to make her happy but ended up she asked for a break. she told me she hates liars. but its just white lies, and I have no intention to lie to her. I called her, and texted her how much I still loved her and told her I will wait for her no matter what. it has been a week, and finally she answered my call today. she asked me to give up but still can be friends. should I wait?

41

Most Helpful Girl

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Omg, no. I've made this mistake with my ex (just a couple weeks ago, actually). The begging, groveling, the "I will always be here and love you no matter what" will only drive the other person away. Now she knows that you're putty in her hands and that she doesn't have to lift a finger for you because you will do all the work for her. That is SO unattractive to an ex.

Trust me, I've been there. I've done/said some really humiliating, embarrassing things to an ex who had moved on, thinking that he'd change his mind and be with me. I even PROPOSED to him (*dies*)! No one wants a needy, insecure, person with no self-esteem. Leave her 100% alone, go find a girl who actually wants you, and live your life. I'm willing to bet your ex will come sniffing around once you're not all up on her a$$. Give the other person a chance to miss you.

What Girls Said 3

• It sounds like she's looking for a dormat as well as a guy who is willing to give 100%, worship her, while she gives zero in return. She'll tell you to jump, and you'll ask how high? Oh please, no one needs to be treated like a 2nd class citizen. Do yourself a favor and stop communicating with her.

• The fact that this girl admits that she would be in a long term relationship without having feelings for the guy is not a good thing. She is basically admitting that she would take advantage of a person's feelings for her. I would just forget about her and find someone who actually cares about you.

• No, you shouldnt! Wait for a girl that loves you, for you instead :)

What Guys Said 1

• I wouldn't even bother with it. If you have been dating for only 3 month's and you think you love her, you might take a step back. No contact for a while at least 3 weeks. 3 months is to short of a time to be so attached to a single person. You need to find your own passion and figure out what you really want. I know that is really hard right now...trust me. But there are going to be more relationships in your life and more trials. This is just a stepping stone..