My ex is playing hot and cold with me and it’s messing with my head. Any thoughts?

So my ex and I broke up a month ago & we were in contact even after the breakup. He kinda was checking up on me to know how I was feeling + how I am. I saw him once to grab a pet that we both share, and he kept giving me these long hugs. It felt it was harder to see in than him seeing me and after like 2 weeks. I was always the last to respond & Even if I texted first he wouldn’t respond. But at times he would text me and just ask how I am/feeling/ wanting me to vent to him. I don't know but if I bring anything up about him there’s a block there..

He broke up with me when we had a random argument, I was on the phone longer than he wanted me too, and I got mad because he told me to grow up because him hanging up on me pissed me off. so I left my phone at home while I work and when I got my phone back he was telling me how he needed to talk to me & we went on a “ break “.

His hot n cold because he still wants me to come around to see our bird & he now wants me to get my calculator that I don’t need until the end of semester + just a week before ya breaking up he’s texting how I’m the best girlfriend his ever had & saying how his gonna marry me. But he ignores my texts and doesn’t try to work out our problems & talk about it. Thoughts?
3
0