She found out her ex was getting married?

Just my luck this girl I have been seeing for about 3 months and that I like a lot saw that her ex boyfriend was going to be having a wedding at the hotel she works at. She found out on the same day that I decided to see how she felt about me and if she wanted to be my girlfriend. Three nights prior we were laughing, she hugged me real tight and told me how good I smelled, we went out to a movie and dinner and she was ready to to drive with me 45 miles to my house afterward because I forgot my work clothes for the next morning. We kissed all night and feel asleep. Two days later I admit I wasn't the greatest Boyfriend and showed up to watch the football game with her after one two many beers. Yeah I messed up a little but all I did was scream at the TV a hair to much because my team was losing. anyway when I asked about how she felt it was like I'm not sure! you were kinda mean during the football game and seeing that my ex was getting married has my head all messed up and she wanted some time away from me? I'm so confused how things went from great to sour in three days. She said she still likes me a lot but needs time now all of a sudden. What do I do? Just sit back? I already apologized for my behavior during the game and she acted like it was no big deal like two hrs after she said it was! I like this girl a lot but she is really confusing me now. Why is this ex getting married such a big deal?

61

Most Helpful Girl

• let me get this straight, you proposed to her to be your girlfriend on the day she found out her ex is getting married? if that's so, maybe that's why she's behaving like this now. I think when she accepted u, it was more like a rebounced, someone to turn to when they feel unneeded. and that's probably after three days she started to tell you she needs space. for me, on the day she found out her ex is getting married, you should not asked her to be your girlfriend at that time. you should've wait. all you can do now is, try to care on her as a friend, try not to push yourself too hard as boyfriend materials upon her for now, as she's still trying to adapt to the fact that her boyfriend is getting married with someone else. and no I sincerely don't think the way you behave for the football is causing her to behave this way either. I am sorry for you that this is happening, but try to be there for her at all time, and give her space if she wants any. take care

• Yeah when she was telling about what happened when she found out about her ex getting married I didn't realize it was such a big issue. It was almost 2!! years ago they broke up and every thing between me and her was going fine. Evidently it was a really big issue for her finding her ex getting married but I didn't realize this till after iasked how she felt about me and her. For me personally I could care less if someone I dated in the past got married. so many other people to date out their

• But you have to remember every single person is different in teh way they accept their broke up. even though she already broke up with him 2 years ago, for me it seems like she's still not really over him if the news of him getting married giving her such a big impact. give her time and space, hopefully this time she will really get over it and start again with you ok?

What Girls Said 5

• It's a big deal to her because some part of her probably isn't over him. I've been in the same situation...especially if he was her first love, this time is gonna be really hard for her, and you because you will be getting ignored while she's in total pain over this. She's just not ready for a new relationship, unless you feel like waiting around and getting your feelings hurt while feeling second in line...

• Don't apologize again you already did it once so no need to keep doing it. She still has feelings for her ex otherwise she wouldn't be making such a big deal of it. If that being the case better for her to figure things out now rather than later. Better for you as well as you don't want a to be dating a girl who still is confused about the ex. Give her some time let her call you and make the effort now.

• give it time, if she really likes she'll come around. what else can you do? apologize again? no, give her space to figure out her feelings for you and her ex.

• Thanks for the comment. It was funny she texted me today thanking me for being patient with her. Its only been two days. she said that it was just her own fears and issues she had to figure out and that she wished she had before her and I had gotten involved. I'm still just going to giver her space and time and let her warm back up to me

• Good idea :) wish you luck!

• it seems like she's mostly upset at her ex getting married and might be using your yelling at the TV as an excuse to find a reason to be p*ssed. maybe you should find out if she still has feelings for him? because if she does, I personally think you are wasting your time.. and maybe you guys should get together when she is fully over him

• You should apologize and let her make up her mind with my EX boyfriend I let it slide a couple times then finally I was like want to be a d***? Well Later! he thought I was coming back but I can't deal with that sh*t. and personally if I were her I wouldn't come back I made that mistake. Now I know not to get my self stuck with immature little boys that think they are the sh*t when they get drunk. and THINK they can yell at me.

• Huh? I never yelled at her. I was just just yelling at the Tv during the football game. I guess that upset her.

• Yes it did apparently. That is what I explained, but that doesn't make me an immature little boy that thinks I'm the shyte. I like this girl a lot. people make mistakes. I was sitting on the couch scratching her back, giving a massage and was close to her the whole time. I didn't know that me yelling at the TV a few times upset her till after the fact.

• Oh well I don't know my ex was always a d*** wen he started drinking sorry can't help you

What Guys Said 1

• I see a few things that are kind of red flags here. I understand having a few in you and yelling at the TV screen about your team. I actually was quite happy Sunday, but I am sorry you weren't. She needs to understand that Sunday's are for football, not just church. She's upset about her ex getting married and you two have been seeing each other for 3 months? She's not over her ex. Don't be a rebound, it's unfair to you.

• They broke up a year and a half ago. she's been all over me the whole time we have been dating. She has been the one coming after me. Then in one night she wigs out because some guy who obviously wasn't all about her marries some other chic and then this messes her all up in the head? She was telling me all this and crying on the phone. Maybe the truth has come out and she's a little unstable

• Absolutely it will. She wasn't good enough for him. She obviously cared about him or maybe even loved him. That stuff does mess women up in the head. Like the ugly chick who becomes hot, but forgets she used to be ugly.. It's doomed for failure. People who forget where they came from always have it worse in the long run if they don't resolve that. Be supportive of her and understanding. It's nothing personal against you. She will come around, but just be sure of it.