I don't know if I should take her back? What to do with my situation?

i was with my ex for about 2 years and the last year we were off but still acted as if we were going out. I told her I was too busy to even have a girlfriend so I broke up with her the beginning of this year. she said she would wait for me until I ask her out again but up until 2 weeks ago I found out she was talking to someone else, I told her I didn't want to be with her anymore after she had done that and she started to beg me and call me to take her back. I told her to call the guy she was talking to and tell him we were dating and that she couldn't talk to him anymore. after she had done that and told me we were meant to be and how much she loved me I took her back but 3 days later she told me she wasn't sure about our relationship anymore and that she was thinking about the other guy so she left me for the other guy saying she didn't know what she wanted to give her time while she dated the guy. I know she still loves me and I love her but I don't know if I should take her back? or if I should even contact her in hopes of reconnecting with her the way we used to. also I put her through so many things in the past that I think she's just trying to get me back but idk. please help and thanks in advance

21

Most Helpful Girl

• Ugh, aren't relationships fun sometimes?

Sweetie, you guys have been so back and forth. It's super obvious that neither one of you know what you want exactly and that includes whether you want each other or not...and that means you shouldn't be in a relationship. I don't doubt that you love each other, that's a given here, but love by itself does not make a good relationship.

You guys have been so back and forth, there would be MAJOR work needed to fix this union and if you guys haven't consistently wanted to keep the effort going in the relationship so far, I don't think you guys are going to be able to put the necessary effort in any time soon.

Stop hurting yourselves, both of you. Just agree to be friends and absolutely nothing more and move on. You both deserve to be in something you're 100% sure you want to be in 100% of the time. Good luck sweetie!

What Girls Said 1

• Go. To. Couples. Therapy.

It is the best thing that my man and I (who had a similar situation full of heartache and pain) ever did for our relationship. Good luck.

What Guys Said 1

• Oh my god my head is hurting after reading that, it is so painful. Are you kidding me? Just move on dude. It's over, find another girl. What is all that about breaking up but then acting like you're still together for a whole year? I highly doubt that this girl is the love of your life that you will want to be with for the rest of your life. Can you seriously say you can imagine marrying her and being with her when you're 80 years old? If not, it's time to move on.