Why do you block your ex after a period of time?

Me and my ex were together for a year and she broke up with me about 5 months ago. For the first two months, she block me on instagram, snapchat and facebook and i think it was because i contacted her. But after another 3 months of no contact, today she blocked me on whatsapp. She could have block me during the time when i contacted her using whatsapp. Why would she do it now when i’ve stopped contacting her? I’m really confused as i know that we really loved each other. The breakup wasn’t mutual and it wasn’t my decision either and we did not cheat or anything. Till now, i do not believe whatever she said was true when breaking up with me. I really have no idea what she’s thinking.

If you’re gonna comment they are an ex for a reason then don’t bother doing it. Would love to hear more constructive comment that helps.
2