He broke up by text and I ignore him. Do you think he's upset or thinks I don't care?

Hi,

My 6 months boyfriend broke up with me on Thursday by text. He first said he wants to have a chat about us this week, then I asked if we could meet up on Wednesday but he had work commitments and said it's better to have a proper talk on Friday. I asked him if he has something in particular to tell me because he can call me after work. He said he'd call me on Thursday because he didn't want to rush the conversation.

He eventually texted me on Thursday saying he has finished work and we could talk now or later, but I didn't see his text. He send me another one later saying that he is not ready for a committed relationship and not ready to give me what I expect (see each other more because we were long distance, call me etc) and he also felt it was better, more natural and fun before we got serious, without the expectations. He said that I could obviously call him later if I wanted to talk about it, but that he'd be honest with me now though.

I had several conversations with him before that happened and told him if he wanted an open relationship, he could tell me. He'd say that he thinks I want that rather than a relationship. He wasn't invested in the relationship anymore, we'd see each other once a week after work or every other week and rarely on the weekends and he would only text me, no calls.

I haven't replied to his broke up text and I haven't heard from him either. Was it a good idea to just ignore his text? Do you think he's upset or thinks I don't care?
I started ignoring him last Sunday when he took him 2 days to reply to my text.

Please share your thoughts I need to understand this guy...
3
1