How can I get him back?

So a little background information, I started talking to this guy for a few days before homecoming. At homecoming he had a date (friends) but we spent the whole night together and he came to my house and we kissed and hung out with a group of friends. Then the next day he came back over and we cuddled and watched movies and kissed in my room like all day. Then we talked and texted the whole week after. Well during that week Thursday he texted me and told me we couldn't talk talk because his friend still liked me (whom I don't talk to at all, we hung out once., and I told him I didn't want to talk to him and then I soothed it over cause I felt bad and we danced at hc once) and it was ruining his friendship. Me and this guy who I'm starting to like were really clicking and he was amazing to me. Well he said he still wanted to be friends and talk and everything but I'm the one who texts first now and he rarely texts back but when he sees me in the halls and I see him too he smiles the whole time. Is there any way of getting him back ? How would I go about this ? Should I talk to his friend and come to some kind of conclusion ? Talk to the guy I like first ? please help, I've been depressed for almost a whole week over this, maybe even more...

13

Most Helpful Girl

• Hm, sad story...

Chemistry dies out like a fire if you don’t stoke it once in awhile.

Humans have needs – both emotional and physical. They need to be caressed, held, hugged, kissed, listened to, flirted with, and desired.

Your relationship routine might have made your ex feel starved for whatever it was they didn’t get anymore – that very stuff that made your stomachs and hearts flutter when you first started dating. If he or she was starving, then chances are you weren’t getting everything out of the pairing that you wanted as well.

What were you lacking in the relationship? What was missing?

Most relationships don’t crumble because of one single issue. When one thing comes in between two people, they usually recognize it and work things out amicably – unless it’s a deal breaker like, “he wants kids and I don’t.”

You might even see the breakup as a result from one of the above issues while your ex would pinpoint something totally different. Maybe you thought it was the fact that you spent no time together, but he thought it was the nagging you did.

If you want to get your ex back, don’t do these things::

- Texting your ex will push him away – fast;

- Calling your ex multiple times a day shows neediness;

- Telling him to get back with you telegraphs insecurity;

- Writing letters to try to make him understand how you feel is

counter-productive;

-Phoning his parents and try to convince them to talk

sense into his is a sure way to get ignored;

-Calling the new girl in his life and telling him to leave him

alone will instantly turn him against you

How to get him back?

Maybe this few tips will help you:

- Never look desperate – work on your self, you need to shine if you want to attract him back

- Start seeing other guys. That will wake uh her curiosity and insecurity (is possible that he has already move on!?)

- Go out together, do stuff together, but don’t ask him to get back, just have great time together, let he see how good it was in relationship

Hope this help. For some more advanced tips, check out link , it may be useful...

All the best and good luck!

What Guys Said 3

• Yeah I would just talk to his friend and explain (kindly) how you two are never gonna happen and he needs to stop being selfish. Friendships are more important than relationships though so don't do anything that would ruin theirs

• First of all you need to find out if he actually likes you and is trapped by his friend or if he isn't that interested in you (having a close mutual friend might help but I'm not sure you will ever know for sure...such is love) If the guy is actually being held back your best bet is to, over a few talks with the guy, show (not necessarily tell him) him that you are not interested in him and that you are interested in the guy you like (it will make the transition easier if you can shift his attraction to another girl but your going to need to make him feel like he is trading up (you can do that by being uncomfortable around him and having a girl who likes him be fun and flirty however this will take time)).

ps if you feel bad about hurting his feelings don't dance with that guy again, if you have to say something say that you might have been a bit harsh, but by dancing with him you are sending an extremely confusing signal which he is almost certain to mistake for a hard to get signal

• If you can't get him back.. let me know. I will gladly fill in.

• Anon will do a sh*t job, choose me.

• Or we don't do it at all, and I choose neither ?

• QA, it was clearly a joke... way to be uptight

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!