In your opinion, what is the hardest thing to earn in any relationship?

Is it trust?

43

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe I'm kind of different in this respect, but I go into a relationship already trusting someone. It's more about maintaining trust than "earning" it. Sure, I've been hurt in the past, but I don't think I should project issues I've had with previous partners on a new partner. Not trusting someone is like going into a relationship EXPECTING the other person to hurt you. And to me, that leads to things like insecurity, jealousy, always questioning the other person's motives, etc. I trust my partner unless they give me a good reason not to.

What Girls Said 3

• Oh yes, trust is one of the most important things to me. I can be in a place far away from my guy and even if he's surrounded by attractive women I trust him enough to know he respects me and wouldn't do anything to hurt me. The same thing goes from me to him. But, it's really hard to gain that trust. Sadly, we sometimes trust the wrong persons that in the end betray us so we make it even harder to trust anyone else. So it's a slow process specially when you just met but with time and effort from both sides you gain it. And like I said, it's very important it's something amazing that I don't have to be doubting or wondering what he might be doing behind my back because we trust eachother.

• trust definitely

• Most definitely trust. You basically have nothing without it. I'm in a relationship now where it's really hard for us to trust each other, because our past relationships totally made us feel different about people.

What Guys Said 3

• I think trust is something everyone should have going into the relationship. But the best lesson is to learn from past mistakes and not walk into a new relationship with baggage.

• TRUST..

• Absolutely it's trust. Unfortunately people always seem to have underlying intentions or motives. It's tough to weed out a gold digger, a slut, and a genuinely good girl. Just like it's difficult for ladies to weed out the player, the jerk, and the good guy. I think that trust is the hardest earned for this reason. Plus there is always the "what if" element, and you worry about the other cheating.