My ex is homeless because of me! What do I do?

My ex who is a sweet guy and i felt bad breaking up with him, but he wasn't the guy i wanted to be with forever. We lived together for 6 months but and were going out for a year and a half! Well when we broke up he got upset and cried when i started packing and he told me to stay as he knew i didn't really have anywhere to go, but anyway he left and hadn't contacted me since, i guessed he just went no contact, well anyway my friend saw him the other day sleeping rough! I didn't belive him so i went to where he saw him and saw for myself! I said hi and asked what happened, he told me that he's been like this since he left about 6 months ago! I feel awful because i broke up with him and he still put me first! He looks awful skinny and just unwell! there's a spare room at our house!! Why didn't he come and see me, id have helped! But even now he tells ne he's okay and its not my fault, when i asked about how he was coping with life he told me he thinks about me a lot and that he still cares about me and will always love me! what do i do? Do i help him out! Do i just accept it! How could he do this to himself for me?
My ex is homeless because of me! What do I do?
Add Opinion